Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g8 was blowing hot air. Went to add refrigerant and dye. Upon disconnecting the adaptor I heard the hissing sound of escaping frion. I connected and disconnected the adaptor again hoping the valve would seal which it didn’t.

I looked online and the Schrader valve
Replacement is Ac delco 15-50149 which is discontinued everywhere. Is there another schrader valve I can use to replace it or now I will have to replace the whole AC line?

Your input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Try 92140266, the General Motors part number. Summit Racing shows to have it in stock. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Try 92140266, the General Motors part number. Summit Racing shows to have it in stock. Good luck
This part is discontinued according to GMpartsdirect. Hopefully Summit truly has stock. Rockauto is out of stock along with Amazon. Good thing I purchased one a year ago.

My post from here:

I'm seeing P/N 52458184 (ball valve) on the high side (front near radiator) and P/N 92140266 (Schrader valve) on the low side (rear near driver side firewall) on a V8 model.

The high side comes with the GM rubber ball valve that tends to leak. Dorman makes a replacement part that actually comes with a Schrader valve (superior design from what I've been reading). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E58M8J4

To augment it even more, a reviewer replaced the Schrader valve in that Dorman part with an ACDelco Schrader valve (ACDelco 15-1119. Used on a lot of GM vehicles. I think I may do the same): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012P1QN2

It is also recommended to buy the following tool since the OEM and Dorman part has 8 sides while your standard socket has 6 or 12. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YKK234

The ACDelco P/N for 92140266 (low side) is 15-50149: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EQP1AO
Searching eBay for "15-50149" ($23.10 back in August 2018 on Amazon) reveals an aftermarket valve part number BAS03003.

This link shows that BAS03003 is interchangeable with ACDelco 15-50149 and ACDelco 15-1119, which is one I purchased to replace the Dorman high side valve. I compared 15-50149 and 15-1119 and I couldn't see much of a difference when I had them in my hands.

ACDelco 15-1119 is still available for $5.58 (prime one-day): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012P1QN2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for all the info.

I actually just got home from Advance Auto Parts where I purchased the Interdynamics AC service port repair kit LR-14 which has ‘universal’ schrader valves. I will try it out in the next few hours but does anyone know beforehand if that will even fit and seal the low port properly?

If not, will take you up on your advice GXP25 and buy the AC Delco 15-1119 and put it on the low port

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
This part is discontinued according to GMpartsdirect. Hopefully Summit truly has stock. Rockauto is out of stock along with Amazon. Good thing I purchased one a year ago.

My post from here:

Searching eBay for "15-50149" ($23.10 back in August 2018 on Amazon) reveals an aftermarket valve part number BAS03003.

This link shows that BAS03003 is interchangeable with ACDelco 15-50149 and ACDelco 15-1119, which is one I purchased to replace the Dorman high side valve. I compared 15-50149 and 15-1119 and I couldn't see much of a difference when I had them in my hands.

ACDelco 15-1119 is still available for $5.58 (prime one-day): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012P1QN2
So you were indeed able to screw off and replace the ball valve on the OEM refrigerant tube? I asked you in another thread but you never got back to answer. I ran out of time and have since bought a replacement refrigerant tube... I havent yet installed it.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
So you were indeed able to screw off and replace the ball valve on the OEM refrigerant tube? I asked you in another thread but you never got back to answer. I ran out of time and have since bought a replacement refrigerant tube... I havent yet installed it.
I guess I didn't see the reply. I apologize.

Yes, I did. I replaced the OEM high side that has a ball with the Dorman part that came with a Schrader valve. I used the special 8 sided socket to unsrew it. I also replaced the Schrader valve that came in the Dorman part with an ACDelco Schrader valve.

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
I guess I didn't see the reply. I apologize.

Yes, I did. I replaced the OEM high side that has a ball with the Dorman part that came with a Schrader valve. I used the special 8 sided socket to unsrew it. I also replaced the Schrader valve that came in the Dorman part with an ACDelco Schrader valve.
No sweat man... we all get busy. I get it.

So you used the special socket to remove that ball valve and put in an AC Delco shrader?
That fvcking thing is so tight on there it looks like a single piece. I cant even see a line where its 2 pieces. Are you sure there wasnt an update to an integrated ball valve?
Maybe I'll try this instead of paying a local guy 300 to install this new 156 dollar refrigerant hose I just got last week.... hmmm

Did you specify in the other thread what Dorman parts pack you used? Or is it pretty much fool proof and there is only one package?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So you used the special socket to remove that ball valve and put in an AC Delco shrader?
That fvcking thing is so tight on there it looks like a single piece. I cant even see a line where its 2 pieces. Are you sure there wasnt an update to an integrated ball valve?
Maybe I'll try this instead of paying a local guy 300 to install this new 156 dollar refrigerant hose I just got last week.... hmmm

Did you specify in the other thread what Dorman parts pack you used? Or is it pretty much fool proof and there is only one package?
^ 2nd that- I can’t see where it is 2 pieces on the high side to take out the ball and put in the Schrader valve.

In reference to the low side port schrader valve. My Interdynamics AC service port repair kit LR-14 for $4 fit in and sealed. Was glad!

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
I found it... Haven't taken it apart yet but if you look close you will see where the 8 sided socket would mate up. Right under that surface you can see where the break is. That seems like a secret for service techs to sell a new refrigerant hose when they actually only replace the valve. Those fvckers... Haha

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts

No, I replaced the OEM high side that came with a ball valve with a Dorman high side that came with a Schrader valve. I used the eight sided tool to remove and install this.

I then replaced the Schrader valve in the Dorman part with an ACDelco Schrader valve (used a Schrader valve tool).

81EE5YX3AtL._AC_SX679_.jpg
61c1DGHN2SL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

See the links in my post above: https://www.g8board.com/threads/ac-low-pressure-port-leak.284826/#post-3687395

1 - 10 of 10 Posts