Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cruising home from Cars and Coffee on a 70 mph tollway and come across a slammed 07-08 Acura TL with rims and boost gauges inside so I give him the obligatory "my engines bigger than yours" downshift. He keeps cruising like he doesn't want any trouble but paces me for 5 miles until traffic clears. By this time I figured his car was more of a show car but all of the sudden I hear the whoosh of a turbo and he's rowing through gears hard. I'm already in sport mode just in case and punch it at 70 putting me right in the torque band of 3rd gear. He gets through 2 gears and each time he shifts he gains then loses ground. On his 3rd shift I rip a bus length on him almost instantaneously and shut it down. I figured he missed a gear so I slow down and he won't even look at me. A few seconds later he goes again but the same result, a bus length on his third shift. I slow to give him a thumbs up but again he won't look at me. Oh well, happy I got a win and a good story to tell. Our runs were probably 70-110 both times. Mods in sig.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just noticed my signature didn't show up. Should work this time.

If not GXP, Rotofab, HSRK, Solo HFC and Mach Shorty, Livernois 93 octane mail order tune

1 - 3 of 3 Posts