Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted installing an after market head unit yet? I have been told there is a replacement face plate just for our cars.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
you have to buy a separate hvac controller (pricey) and then do a custom install as there is no faceplate/bracket for our cars.

there are threads upon threads on how to use other options to make the most of your stock unit, but otherwise you're going to have to go custom to buy an aftermarket deck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wouldn't bother with doing an aftermarket headunit, to pricey. For what you pay for the headunit and HVAC, you can put a LOC, subs, speakers and new wiring. Thats what i did and it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
for some it's not about the sound and more about the features. I patiently wait for a solution where i can put in a headunit like my pioneer avic930bt in my truck. gps, bluetooth, iphone charging and pandora support etc.

·
Crimson Cruiser
143 Posts
I saw a custom install that deleted the 12v and cubby below the factory stereo. The deck was angled up towards the driver.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Btws6 if you look at my pictures I had an aftermarket radio installed and i had to get a custom faceplate made. I can never figure out how to post to the pic from my pone otherwise I would put it on the post

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Labsg8 where did you get your HVAC control pad from? Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Monaro now that is sexy! Did you build that yourself? Or where did you get that? Now that is the nicest set up I have seen so far.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've been trying to find their website and keep ending up with a brain fart. Someone hook me up please.
They are vendors. So you can just click their logo on the left side of this page.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is really awesome looking especially when you add the gauges. I wish my wife wouldn't leave me if I were to buy it though.

·
Banned
37 Posts
yea wish there could be a group buy or something.. if only the price was below 1k.. and even at that price my wife would shoot me for buying it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts