Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked Flowmasters on my mustangs, and have even run dual exhaust with glasspacks on one of my 2-door Tahoes back in the day.

I hear a lot of talk about "drone" with the GT with some setups.

So, what are you all running/liking for an aftermarket exhaust. I definitely want to wake up the sound!

·
GOT BOOST?
516 Posts
If you want to wake up the sound then Kook's is IMO by far the best, but there is plenty of drone. It does'nt bother me in the least bit though.

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always just added Flowmasters or different mufflers. I wonder if 3 chamber Flowmasters would still be "dronemasters"?

The x-pipe in place of the central muffler and deleting the resonators sounds interesting. Do you have to buy the x-pipe, or does the muffler shop fabricate one?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
The x-pipe in place of the central muffler and deleting the resonators sounds interesting. Do you have to buy the x-pipe, or does the muffler shop fabricate one?
It's probably cheaper to have the muff shop fab one up with the pipes.
I believe you can get it all done for less than $100.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've had magnaflow on my past 3 cars. I love the deep understated rumble they have. Just loud enough to know you have a V8, but you can still have a conversation with your passengers. I have a street series catback on it's way right now for this car.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Ah, the hell with it. Wake up the WHOLE neighborhood!! LOL Everybody has different tastes and what they consider to be "acceptable drone". I wanted loud and its exactly what I got. To each their own and good luck!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ah, the hell with it. Wake up the WHOLE neighborhood!! LOL Everybody has different tastes and what they consider to be "acceptable drone". I wanted loud and its exactly what I got. To each their own and good luck!!

yeah it just depends on what you like. Back in high school i wanted everyone to know i was coming down the street so i had headers with no cat converters and flowmasters. Loud and mean as heck with lots of highway drone! Now that I'm a little older, i like to be able to hear my stereo and wife and kids in the car. haha.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
yeah it just depends on what you like. Back in high school i wanted everyone to know i was coming down the street so i had headers with no cat converters and flowmasters. Loud and mean as heck with lots of highway drone! Now that I'm a little older, i like to be able to hear my stereo and wife and kids in the car. haha.
Are you kidding Alex?? I am older too and thats why I did it, to NOT hear the wife nag and the kids bitch!! LOL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you want to wake up the sound then Kook's is IMO by far the best, but there is plenty of drone. It does'nt bother me in the least bit though.

I like the Borla sound and look..Though the full Kooks setup is tempting.
How much is the full Kooks set up Headers,X pipe and axle back?
Who sells the whole kit beside Kooks of course.

jim

·
GOT BOOST?
516 Posts
I like the Borla sound and look..Though the full Kooks setup is tempting.
How much is the full Kooks set up Headers,X pipe and axle back?
Who sells the whole kit beside Kooks of course.

jim
Also VMS has them. The price through Kook's was about twenty five hundred. The other's are a little cheaper but then you have shipping so it probably equal's out. If you want to be heard then this is what you want. And I dont think the drone is all that horrible even my girlfriend and eight year old daughter said it was'nt that bad.

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Magnaflow 16795 might work if you don't mind a little drone and want to wake up your neighbors. I prefer the smoother sound of the 16887. A good way to shop is to Google for sound clips and discount codes.
16887: http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/pontiacG8Gt/pontiacG8Gt.html
16795: http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/sportsound/08G8/08G8.html
Thanks for the links! They both sound good. Also, thanks to all for your replies. It's good to be able to get help with a new vehicle!

·
GOT BOOST?
516 Posts
Contact one of the sponsors that carries it, they should be able to get you that price.

Unfortunatly I have already purchased and installed mine. When I looked at them through VMS I new it was cheaper but I thought after shipping it would be the same. I was wrong, it is still about three hundred dollar's cheaper. Afte I asked, I decided to do the order process for the heck of it to see what it was with shipping. Thank's though

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts