Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Can a muffler shop install the headers as well???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks for that link to the Magnaflow, NC4stroker! I posted elsewhere about considering a Magnaflow catback, someone there was kind enough to post two sample sounds, but neither was long enough to give a sense of how much "drone" there is at highway cruising speeds. Your link did that, the drone doesn't seem bad at all, so I thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Contact one of the sponsors that carries it, they should be able to get you that price.

Looks like VMS is cheapest, around $2100 shipped.
How hard are the headers to install? Looks like driverside pretty straight forward.
Passenger side the oil dipstick looks like would be pain to deal with?
I put headers on my 94Z and was a major job with the way the engine sat
way back on them.

thanks,
Jim

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just ordered the Magnaflow 16795! Can't wait to get the kit installed! Somehow I knew I wouldn't be able to resist!

·
Earn your respect.
383 Posts
well i went with Flo Pro's...which if you are a big flowmaster man youll know what they are...flo pros are two chambered flow masters. they are very aggresive sounding...and purs really nice at top end rev's....i have no resonators with two flo pros and love the sound..really love the back pressure..i had drone for about a week..then it mostly went away

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well i went with Flo Pro's...which if you are a big flowmaster man youll know what they are...flo pros are two chambered flow masters. they are very aggresive sounding...and purs really nice at top end rev's....i have no resonators with two flo pros and love the sound..really love the back pressure..i had drone for about a week..then it mostly went away
Oh yeah, I like a Flowmasters for sure. I decided this time to try the complete cat-back kit for maybe a little mellower sound. My 40 series Flowmaster on my jeep cj are the bomb!!

·
Earn your respect.
383 Posts
i see your avatar states KTM...i raced motocross in south carolina for years...any chance you ride?

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah man, I race hare scrambles in the VCHSS. I started on a KTM 450 XC-W, and now I'm racing a KTM 300 XC-W (my first 2 stroke). It's hard getting conditioned to stay on the bike for up to 2 hours at a time!!

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have the full Kooks system and am very pleased. The car sounds nasty :gr_devil:

-Mike
No doubt, I have watched the Kook's video several times! The only guy in town that I trusted to put on the headers really didn't want the job, so I opted for a cat-back.

Also, I wanted to give myself a year in a car, as I have only driven SUVs for the past 14 model years, to see how I would like having a car again before going hogwild with the mods.

If I get a GXP next year, who knows!!!!???

·
Registered
548 Posts
NC you will have to post up your experience when you get the 16795 installed, I am still undecided between that and the 16887.

-Q

·
Ride Orange
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I will be glad to do that! I'm sure it will be worth it. The stock sound is too quiet!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts