Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
F1rehawk
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a driver's aftermarket seat that can be found below. Installation won't be a problem but I had some doubts regarding the airbag system. I haven't found much threads on that issue since not a lot of people went that route. Some research led me to believe that this will 100% throw an airbag fault light. Now...with that in mind...

#1 - Will the airbags keep working even if the light is activated (except for the side airbags of course) and

#2 - Is there any way to trick or bypass the system and make that light go away?

Of course safety first, let me know if there is a way to make everything work.

Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
Hate to sound like the proverbial hall monitor with a whistle, so I'll just sound like a hall monitor with a whistle... I wouldn't do it especially if the car is frequently driven with passengers. Doing so, could potentially place you in a liability conundrum if the vehicle were involved in an accident and it was determined injuries could have been mitigated if the airbag system were functional. Per my understanding, the airbag system is either all or nothing as in one inoperative module will cancel out the entire system. However, another member will have to confirm or deny the notion. In my extremely humble opinion, racing seats belong in a race car with all of the safely modifications to boot. Just my $.02.

·
F1rehawk
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to sound like the proverbial hall monitor with a whistle, so I'll just sound like a hall monitor with a whistle... I wouldn't do it especially if the car is frequently driven with passengers. Doing so, could potentially place you in a liability conundrum if the vehicle were involved in an accident and it was determined injuries could have been mitigated if the airbag system were functional. Per my understanding, the airbag system is either all or nothing as in one inoperative module will cancel out the entire system. However, another member will have to confirm or deny the notion. In my extremely humble opinion, racing seats belong in a race car with all of the safely modifications to boot. Just my $.02.
That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. No sugarcoating, no unicorns and sparkles. I guess I'll pass then since I still want to have passengers and keep them safe.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts