1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Get Aggressive
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my steering wheel but a buddy of mine has a quick release steering
wheels, man it looks kool. Makes me feel like im in a race car:D. I was
wondering if anyone has changed out there steering wheel? Also this is the
set up i was considering if i went this route what yall think?

without wheel

with

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
It's not compatible with the airbag in our car. I had a bad front end collision in a Grand Prix once, and there's no doubt it stopped me from having serious injuries.

·
Lower than you...
633 Posts
I like it, due to the extra security is provides. How is someone going to steel your car, with no steering wheel?
You gonna carry your steering wheel into Olive Garden with you? lol if they are already in the car all they are gonna have to do is find the wheel! Plus you would be removing the airbag as well

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Newspaper headline: Man arrested for being accused of stealing a steering wheel at Pep Boys.

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
It's not compatible with the airbag in our car. I had a bad front end collision in a Grand Prix once, and there's no doubt it stopped me from having serious injuries.
agreed. air bags save lives. plus i think it looks like it belongs on a civic, not a sedan

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
And if someone wanted your car they WILL take it.. Cause it's SO HARD for a thief to carry a extra take off wheel? If they cased the car, they know what to bring.

And Airbags for the win ...

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
< Will pay $100 for picture of a thief carrying a steering wheel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a similar set-up that was made by Grant on a 1965 Chevy P/U and it had a smooth metal cover that went over the hub that locked in place with a key. It worked great and yes, I did carry the wheel into the house with me, but left it behind the seat while shopping, etc. Even IF somebody broke in and found the wheel, they'd still have to get past the locked cover. With that said, if they wanted the truck bad enough they would just tow it.

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
its not for everyone, but it may be one of my future mods, o and if i did
this i would get this seat belt for extra safety:D
Is this a NASCAR or a sedan? Lol with that many seat belts you could take off to NASA and be fine or hit a semi head on doing 90 and not budge. Hope you don't drive into a lake cause there is no way in hell your getting out of there alive lol

·
Hispanic Causing Panic
1,643 Posts
Car thefts in my city consisted of someone simply towing it away. No steering wheel needed. Not only that, I like the airbag & the electronic controls.

·
Addicted
903 Posts
Since you're asking for opinions....

I really don't like it. I see nothing wrong with our steering wheels. Look at all the latest model GM's. They are almost all taking the design of our wheels. Makes it look like a GM model from this time period, which is cool to me.

·
Lone Star State
212 Posts
I like the idea of having a quick release steering wheel. If you're not at home, you could always stow the steering wheel in the trunk. I had a truck stolen several years ago, and it's a crappy feeling to have an automobile stolen. If you're concerned about theft, this may be the way to go. Locks and alarms only deter people who are marginally honest. It's not likely, but I wish someone would make a quick release for the stock wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts