Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering what kind of changes to the mpg i would see if i was to install an aftermarket unit. does it drop lot or barely noticeable?

paul

ps: this is my daily driver

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
It seems to be about 2-3mpg less in the city, depending on how you drive it. Hwy miles is probably 1mpg less, or none, also depending on how many miles can you go with the verter locked, the longer the clutch is locked in 6th gear cruising, the less mpg she'll loose, so you shouldn't see the difference in the freeway, in the city though, you'll notice it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bluegoat06

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
It seems to be about 2-3mpg less in the city, depending on how you drive it. Hwy miles is probably 1mpg less, or none, also depending on how many miles can you go with the verter locked, the longer the clutch is locked in 6th gear cruising, the less mpg she'll loose, so you shouldn't see the difference in the freeway, in the city though, you'll notice it.
Yep. I have quite a bit more of a hit on MPG, but that's more due to the cam LOL.

But those are good estimates.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
HWY is fine if you lock the TC, city lol yeah a cam dont help. Got around 18-20 on the HWY while locked.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It has alot to due with the tune as well. My buddies G8 with a ****ty tune gets horrible Gas miles, then another friend of mine with a bigger stall and a solid tune gets pretty close to stockish gas miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts