Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got news my ac compressor is shot, and I just found out they are $900. I have found some online as cheap as $600, but is there any other way to work this out? I saw something about the possibility of a Corvette compressor. Someone help!?

·
Registered
404 Posts
id find someone parting out a g8 im sure you can get it waaaaay cheaper .. kinda odd to the compressor went out so early what is it doing or not doing ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the car was a salvage title, and I am sure that caused issues. The strainer was clogged with metal shavings from the compressor dying. I am not a fan of used parts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd sell you mine but unfortunately my AC stopped working this season! I don't know what the cause is, just that it will likely be very expensive to fix! Driving with the windows open won't work for much longer. Sorry to sidetrack the conversation.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Talk to Greg at Pace Performance. He will know if other's will work, plus he's got good prices and great customer service.

·
Registered
775 Posts
No one has confirmed if the corvette one will work. Not a risk I'm willing to take . You will get a new one the cheapest from Greg at pace performance not for 600-900$

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
Greg's username is Radrace19
Amazon has the best price by far. Although, there are only a few left in stock.
ACDELCO GM ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT
COMPRESSOR ASM,A/C
Part Number: 92236235
Product Notes:
A/C Compressor
1 Per Veh Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2008-2009

PONTIAC(3)2008-2009
G8(3)2008-2009
2009 V8-364ci 6.0L F/I Vin Y
2009 V8-376ci 6.2L F/I Vin W (GXP)
2008 V8-364ci 6.0L F/I Vin Y

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You ain't kidding. I wont have the money till next Friday, I hope it's still there. Either way I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
678 Posts
How can you test?

Sunday the Air was blowing Ice Cold. Didn't use it Monday and Tuesday, I GOT NOTHING! Just warm air. My A/C always was ICE COLD.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
^^^^ Are you sure you haven't joined the crowd, that has experienced the phenomenon of, "why has my belt decided to re-route itself "

·
Registered
494 Posts
My belt jumped off last week. Random. I put it back on, no problem since

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
If you can see the pulley (on the compressor) rotating as it should, that would indicate that the compressor *might* still be functioning within. If you can depress the valve core (in the low pressure fill valve located alongside the radiator cap) for a moment, you would want to have some freon escape. That would indicate that there is *some level* of a charge in the system.
With the engine running, and the AC selected to on (and calling for lots of cold air), you would want to feel a *major temp shift* in the pipes going to/from the high and low pressure service valves. If the *temp shift* between the 2 pipes does not exist, the compressor either is not *working* the freon as it should, or the freon charge is so low, there isn't enough in the system to get compressed (and create the warm pipe/cold pipe temp split desired). Then again, there very well could be a fault code (or codes) reported, that might say what was being sensed, that caused the compressor to stop making cold air.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Why are they so damn expensive??!?!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Took it to the shop, apparently my Trans cooling lines are Resting on the A/C lines and rubbed a hole in them. Nice!!!! $475 repair quote! Now that is Quality! Thanks GM!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts