Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Well, B0081 is referring to the passenger seat presence sensor circuit. The bad, is that there are 7 different B0081 faults that it could be. I suppose the real deal GM type scan computer would tell you which one of those 7 is being sensed. I can only guess, but in the past it always seems to be the under seat module going bad. That might point to a fault like B0081-3A B0081-42 or B0081-5A

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, B0081 is referring to the passenger seat presence sensor circuit. The bad, is that there are 7 different B0081 faults that it could be. I suppose the real deal GM type scan computer would tell you which one of those 7 is being sensed. I can only guess, but in the past it always seems to be the under seat module going bad. That might point to a fault like B0081-3A B0081-42 or B0081-5A
Small update. I now have access to a Tech2 scanner, and the specific codes are B0081 71 in the SDM and B0081 5a in the PPS. I am still trying to determine what these codes mean and how to diagnose them. I'd like to be 100% certain that I need to replace the module before I drop $400 on it.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
It says in the service manual, that -5A is a plausibility failure within the seat module. An -71 says invalid serial data received from it. It reads as thou the seat module is having a hard time getting its act together. An if I'm reading GM parts sources correctly, that module appears to be # 92225594. If that is correct, it can be had for $324 an up, plus the usual add on for shipping etc. If you have to go that route

1 - 4 of 4 Posts