Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I’m in a HUGE PICKLE ……2009 “acura tl v6” (g8 gxp) so I was trying to install a Afr gauge…. And I wasn’t paying attention and I was being sloppy and wnated to test it out and I plugged it into where the seat is powered and I wasn’t looking and apparently it turned on the airbag fault light (I will provide pics of where I plugged it in) and now I have the stupid airbag light on and I’m frustrated
I tried running the machine and it didn’t give me any codes …… in need of advice or help or something….. the worst part is I’m Soo mad at myself for being ignorant
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
4,864 Posts
Me thinks you need more info on exactly where and how you tapped in your power seat circuit. For sure it looks like you have to have a code reader capable of reading and retrieving "body" codes, as all of the SRS problems (that I can find) display B fault codes (such as B0081) OR, You might have a small chance of getting the SRS system to reset itself by pulling the 4 fuses assigned to that circuit >>>>>>

AOS fuse F18-5A located in the left kick panel fuse panel

AIRBAG fuse F1-10A ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

AIRBAG fuse F40-10A located in the underhood fuse panel

HEATED SEAT/ONSTAR IGN fuse-F38-10A

Or, possibly by disconnecting the batteries negative cable for a few seconds then reconnect.

If your mod is still wired in as described above, I sure would do the T/S with that mod disconnected as a starting point.

· Registered
2,337 Posts
yeah fools everyone that wants too race me, i eat all the little rice rocket cars that swear they are fast and everyone ss/g8 enthusiast loves the car cause its a funny ass joke lol gap down badged to a acura v6 lol
in need of advice or help or something….. the worst part is I’m Soo mad at myself for being ignorant
Indeed..

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me thinks you need more info on exactly where and how you tapped in your power seat circuit. For sure it looks like you have to have a code reader capable of reading and retrieving "body" codes, as all of the SRS problems (that I can find) display B fault codes (such as B0081) OR, You might have a small chance of getting the SRS system to reset itself by pulling the 4 fuses assigned to that circuit >>>>>>

AOS fuse F18-5A located in the left kick panel fuse panel

AIRBAG fuse F1-10A ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

AIRBAG fuse F40-10A located in the underhood fuse panel

HEATED SEAT/ONSTAR IGN fuse-F38-10A

Or, possibly by disconnecting the batteries negative cable for a few seconds then reconnect.

If your mod is still wired in as described above, I sure would do the T/S with that mod disconnected as a starting point.

no so its not wired to it because i realized it caused the airbag light to turn on but i used that source of pwr/grd to see if the gauge worked (which it did but what I'm assuming happened is that the computer detected a loss of power due to the gauge using some of the 12v going to the airbag stuff)
i have a big ass snap on super scanner and it gave me no fault codes on the air bag module but the light is still on.... i tried the battery thing, didn't work, but im going to ry the fuses now..... thank u so much for that idea hopefully it works.

· Registered
836 Posts
Try Mustang Badges !

· Premium Member
10,685 Posts
Dedebaged altogether or nothing. The kidney grilles are an obvious giveaway to it being a Pontiac.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts