Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my air compressor, expansion valve, pressure switch and condenser but I am still not getting cold air check for power At compressor connector and I get 12 V on the voltage side but I get nothing on my reference voltage side not sure what I should be reading on the reference voltage wire I have put 12 V directly to the compressor and a ground to the reference side of the compressor and the system will work sometimes not sure where to go from here .

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
It reads like you were T/S using an alternate power, and alternate ground source. I think you should eliminate, or prove out as faulty, the 2 wires going from the compressor clutch connector to the HVAC control module. Gain access to the module (which they show is mounted just outboard of the HVAC blower motor), an remove the X1 connector. Jump the 2 pins at the compressor clutch, an meter read (for continuity) across pins 6 an 7 of that X1 connector (that's power out to, an ground return from the compressor clutch). If OK, it would point to the control module having a problem. If not OK, ground both wires at the compressor, an check for continuity of *each* wire by reading pins 6 to ground an pin 7 to ground. Keeping in mind that a multi-meter *can* make a wire look good with no load, but could easily fail with a load applied to it.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Was the air conditioning system working prior to the replacement of the compressor, condenser, expansion valve and pressure switch? Presume it was properly evacuated and recharged with the correct amount of refrigerant. After checking all fuses and relays, will start at the end of the system and work backwards to the beginning looking for any discrepancies i.e. continuity, voltage, etc. problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I will check the wires Tuesday. And will report my findings. Thank you again .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pony: I was not working. I do have it working at the moment. But the only way it works is jumping the voltage reference wire to ground. The power source wire does have 12 v. I may have a broken reference wire or my a/c module is not sending reference voltage to compressor. I will check all of this stuff when the weather gets better down here in Miami ,fl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts