Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of our club's GXPs was stolen yesterday in Prince George's County, MD. It's a sport red GXP, debadged, LED tails and black billet kidneys. Wash DC tags: .

Edit: CAR FOUND!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
will keep my eyes peeled up here in the North part of Baltimore.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I just read two other threads about stolen G8's.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I see a trend developing!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's mine, also keep an eye on craigslist,ebay,amazon and so on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry to hear about car do you have the OnStar feature on your GXP

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's too bad one if not both of the other threads about this theft were closed without at least having a link to this ongoing thread to follow.

Free bump.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Gnice. Do you have a vin number for us. This person or these people that stole it are gonna have a hard time selling a gxp. Unless they word of mouth the sale of it and get rid of it locally. I got a bad feeling it will be parted out.
Also was the glass busted,was there glass where the car was ? Small factor but if they where just some younger punks that went for a joy ride or where they a little more professional about it. I know its a small factor but was just a thought

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We all know that our G8s are not easy to jump. Not like Chrysler products that can be taken in 30secs. His car was grabbed by a tow. Drag marks from the tires show them going down the street and jumping a curb with his car. Also dragged his exhaust. County PD has no record of the car being legally towed, so this rules out a simple parking violation or similiar.

·
Registered
270 Posts
OnStar can track your car if you have that feature

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Damn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think that even if you dont pay for the service, onstar can still turn it on if the police file a report, because it can be turned on and off at will

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OnStar was not active and you can not re-activate OnStar unless you are physically inside the car and press the blue button. Due to legal obligations and regulations, OnStar will NOT re-activate the system unless someone inside the vehicle actually presses the blue button.

·
G8 GT GUY
745 Posts
OnStar was not active and you can not re-activate OnStar unless you are physically inside the car and press the blue button. Due to legal obligations and regulations, OnStar will NOT re-activate the system unless someone inside the vehicle actually presses the blue button.
Stupid policy, that's why I'd never use on star...they have the power, but they let thieves get away over a financial policy. F them.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Stupid policy, that's why I'd never use on star...they have the power, but they let thieves get away over a financial policy. F them.
It's probably more of a legal privacy policy then a financial one. This way they can't track YOU if you don't want them to or without you knowing.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Cool. Glad to hear

1 - 20 of 22 Posts