Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys lowered with bmr parts. Such as there lca, trailing arms and toe Rods. I was lowered and aligned. Then I switched out the lca tailing arms and toe Rods. I've been to multiple alignment shops and they can't get aligned. Last time they needed a camber kit. Got it and it didn't Help on the rear. They said the eccentric will not move. I tried and it will only move quarter or so either direction. My guess is the lca are designed for the camaro and wasn't tested on these. Any ideas

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk but did you research those parts before purchasing? It's a very well known problem that adjustable toe rods are needed when buying their non-adjustable lower control arms. Even then, I think some cars still have alignment issues. Maybe try to sell them and purchase the adjustable lowers instead? Tons of adjustment in those.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the adjustable toe rods. I was hoping not having to sell these and spend more money on the adjustables plus all the money in alignments so far. Money money money. so much fun

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You do not need adjustable toe rods and arms. What you do need is those cam bolts that have MORE adjustment. The fact the stock ones only do a 1/4 turn means they are partly seized. And some shop was too lazy to remove them and lube them. You will find the Moog or Mevotech have rear toe rods that come in pairs, a long and a short. This does one control arm and toerod. Note the greater offset of the bolt gives more adjustment in the alignment. Bolt is at the outer edge. stock is closer to the centre

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update
I meant to say adjustable lca. I have bmr mon adjustable lcr. I went to another alignment shop. They had problems too. Until the older shop guy came over and pulled the pins on the rear slides of the rack. And the bolts magically moved. Now I'm maxed out at -.6 rear camber. So if I want more ill have to get the adjustable lcr. But ill monitor Tire wear and see if it's needed. Next step is to ask for a refund from the other shop.

·
Registered
119 Posts
GT Drew.... The shop was too lazy to take them out and clean them? Huh?

I don't know about the G8, but other vehicles that I have worked on....if the cams/bolts are seized, that means they are not just going to come out. That's why they are seized lol. At my shop, if that's the case, the customer would be getting a phone call to let them know they are seized and a estimate for the charge to fix the problem. Everyone is quick to blame the shop or mechanic...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts