Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All 4 of my sensors seem to be out simultaneously and I am receiving a system failure message in the dashboard center screen. I have tried the regular reset process listed elsewhere in this forum but to no avail

Since it seems pretty unlikely that all 4 sensors went bad at the same time I was thinking it was a fuse but I have also reviewed the fuse diagrams and I dont see a fuse or relay specific to the Tire Pressure monitoring system.

Anyone run into a similar issue and if so, what was the solution?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've had one fail, then very shortly after another. Once that happened, the whole system went down. I replaced all four, reprogrammed and haven't had an issue since

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Original tire pressure monitoring system sensors? Aftermarket? System failure or system fault with _ _ for the tire pressure readouts?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Have you looked at the readings in engineering mode?
That info might be helpful to narrow this down.
One sensors fail brought up the warning on my wifes G8.
In engineering mode, I could still see individual readings.
The failed sensor was an impossibly high number. ( cant remember off hand but as others have witnessed it is the same number.)
The pressure numbers in engineering mode are out of order so if you do see 3 reasonable and one high, you still do need to do a little sleuthing to figure out which wheel it is.
Unless , of course, someone here knows the order they read .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting system fault with _ _ for all 4 tire pressure readouts in the dashboard screen.

Original tire pressure monitoring system sensors? Aftermarket? System failure or system fault with _ _ for the tire pressure readouts?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Put it in engineering mode,
What do you see ?

"Press & hold left scroll wheel on steering wheel, start car, release."

·
Premium Member
4,504 Posts
At certain times in the late afternoon, in specific areas during a drive cycle, I loose the TPMS also. TPMS warning symbol an chime go off, an all 4 positions are blank when checking in the trip an engineering modes. After sitting in the garage for a few hours, all functions magically return to normal. Maybe that interference condition overriding the transponders signals happened to you.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
If ONE sensor goes bad all four stop being reported on the DIC. As mentioned above you can see which one is bad in Engineering mode. (Unless you have tried a relearn)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Three of mine went within days/weeks of each other of each other last fall.
Last one croaked over the winter in storage, new one's on order should be in sometime this week and they're all new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts