Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for all weather mats for the G8. Does the 14-17 Chevy SS share the same floor pan as the g8?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
+1 on the Goodyear's, if we indeed got the same mats.
Great fit, deep enough to hold all the slopnslush.
Yeah, not Weathertechs but cost a fraction of the price. Think I got them at Walmart???
Pretty sure front floor pans are different between G8's and the SS. Mats won't lay properly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 on the Goodyear's, if we indeed got the same mats.
Great fit, deep enough to hold all the slopnslush.
Yeah, not Weathertechs but cost a fraction of the price. Think I got them at Walmart???
Pretty sure front floor pans are different between G8's and the SS. Mats won't lay properly.
ah ok. Just trying to broading my search. I can’t swallow the price on weather techs

·
Registered
861 Posts
I know the WeatherTechs are expensive, but they are the best mats I've ever had. I have them in all of my cars and use them year-round. I would look to see if you can pick up a slightly used set. I've seen nice sets for sale here and also on eBay. I do know that the WeatherTechs in the SS are slightly different than the one used for the G8s, so if you should find an SS WeatherTech set, they will not fit properly. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah one just needs the Weathertechs or similar for the front. They are really called liners. They hold water in and they won't leak when you accelerate or brake and the liner is full of water (a.k.a melted snow). They are the last mats/liners you will buy for winter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know the WeatherTechs are expensive, but they are the best mats I've ever had. I have them in all of my cars and use them year-round. I would look to see if you can pick up a slightly used set. I've seen nice sets for sale here and also on eBay. I do know that the WeatherTechs in the SS are slightly different than the one used for the G8s, so if you should find an SS WeatherTech set, they will not fit properly. Good luck in your search!
yeh I think I’m going to get a set of weather techs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts