Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I owned for four days! Beautiful 2016 Z51 M7 with 6,000 miles. Returned it because I decided I had to have the 2LT package (HUD, heated/cooled seats/other goodies) and it didn't have the MSRC. But four days of rowing the gears convinced me it is time to swap my A6 for the M6. Ordering parts for it now with Greg at Pace. My G8 is still in very good condition with only 44,000 miles and it is paid off. So it is worth it to me. Expecially compared to $50,000 for the Vette I would want to buy. By the way, I'll be selling my A6 trans as soon as I complete the install. It is perfect. Never any problems with it. Just need to keep it for now until I get the programming of the new stuff complete.

Attachments

·
Fuel Low
493 Posts
That Vette was beautiful. I have to say it would've been hard for me to turn it in.

For me a torque converter automatic just can't match the fun of a manual transmission, so good call in my opinion. Autos are great for 1/4 mile racing, and I had fun with that until I discovered road courses about 6 years ago. Since then I've been hooked and soon found out how annoying autos were on a road course. My G8 is about to have its manual swap finished soon and I can't wait.

Keep us updated on your progress!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg at Pace is ordering my parts, less the flywheel and clutch until I figure out what I want. Recommendation? I have not studied this at all.

·
Fuel Low
493 Posts
Seems like a lot of people on here like the Monster clutch. I went with the recommendation from my shop and got the Mcleod RXT twin clutch and their aluminum flywheel. I won't get to drive my car for another few months so I can't really say if I like it or not.

My goals were something that could be driveable with my current 480-500 WHP but also handle more if I decide to go F/I. I will use the car in HPDE events so the clutch will get a lot of action.

Supposedly the RXT has a really light clutch pedal and is easy to live with on a daily basis, but can take a lot of abuse. On a side note, I went with a MGW shifter to get that bolt-action feel and shorter throw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts