Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ass or Cash. Get in.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone polished the outside of the intake to a nice chrome look on they're V6? Would this in effect possibly raise underhood temps or air inlet temps by any sort of degree? I was thinking it would look damn neat so as long as it wouldnt effect performance in any sort of negative way.
Thoughts??

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been considering painting mine. I highly doubt polishing it would affect performance. I would definitely like to see how this looks. Someone out there must have already done this...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Caz, are you talking about the intake tubing or the intake manifold?

·
Ass or Cash. Get in.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided to go ahead and just do this to the intake. I started yesterday and from what it looks like so far, I think the end result is going to look pretty awsome. I'll try to upload some pics within the week.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Always wondered...

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
My friend polished my intake to get rid of the oxidation. If he kept on going, he could of got it to look like chrome. It looked really good. I need to touch it up since winter weather and road salt will take its toll. I believe he used the Adams metal polish to get it to look good. I saw no engine temperature increase.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Pics please....

former nuclear missile silo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts