Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at several g8s. The conversation are fine until I ask to have the car looked at by a shop at my expense. They all say no problem, then they stop responding. I had this one guy I asked him when would be a good time to come by he said Thursday. I said cool. He sold the car on me Monday. I'm thinking to myself I could have stopped by Monday but you said Thursday. Am I asking to much to have the car checked by a shop?

·
Registered
896 Posts
No that's a perfectly reasonable request. If I had someone ask me that, I'd have no issue as long as I were allowed to come with. As far as the owner selling the car before you had a chance to see it, well that's probably just a coincidence. If I got an offer and I didn't have any verbal agreement on price with someone else, I'd sell it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
IMO,No you are not ,especially at your own expense . Now as always there are caveats , travel time to and from your chosen shop is one of those ,but anyone who wouldn't allow you to have it looked at on you dime I would be leery of. As far as selling it before you could see it that is of course that seller prerogative, just my opinion .

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Nope. Not at all. Now the odds that all 7 are trying to hide something, idk. But id say stay away from anyone who won't let you do it. Especially at your own expense.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts