Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off I love my g8, almost everything about it. What I don't like is I bought the v6 g8 because that is all I can afford.( I live in Canada and where I live there was only one gt for sale and he was asking 60k....) so what I was daydreaming about is, is it at all possible to swap out my v6 and trams and computer and swap in a 6.0 l or a 6.2 even if I can find all the parts like CPU and trans to match for under 15k or should I keep looking for a gt that is cheaper somewhere?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its more worth it to just trade up to a GT IMO. Not sure what part of Canada your in but in my area in Ontario you can buy a decent GT anywhere from $18000 to $25000. And of course there are people that charge much more but that seems to be the average price Ive seen. Hope you can find one!

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Trade up to GT. Our cars have Body control computer that has to communicate with the ECM which in turn has to talk to the TCM. Getting them to play nice from different trim levels has proven to be a headache.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah engine swapping like that on newer cars with more computers than a computer lab is nearly impossible unless you have the ability to program it all from scratch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.