Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,
im a semi-newbie looking in vegas for a new ride. Went this weekend to a dealers lot who advertise a g8 v8 gpx. I got thier and looked at the car it was 100% stock down to the mags. Yes it had a v8 under the hood gpx bages on the doors but on the right side on the trunk lid said g8. On the left side it said bonnieville. I know its a bonnieville after looking at the tail lights. So is it an early g8 or a rebadge bonnieville someone did for more cash.
I

·
Fort Worth, TX
170 Posts
Post pics or link to the ad. Or take my approach: Run away!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
The g8 was made for two years. 08 and 09 and do you mean gxp ? I don't know when they stopped making the Bonneville. I'd say plus 1 for "run away" . Pics would help us. I don't know why anyone with a g8 would put Bonneville badges on it. Sorry not a bonne fan. To each thier own

·
Registered
275 Posts
The last Bonneville was in 2005. Bonneville had a GXP version for 2004-2005 but the cars look a lot different. Both had V-8's. Google images for a G8 GXP and a Bonneville GXP and you will see the difference. Or post pix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information, it is a bonnieville. Im going to walk I dont beleive the dealer would rebadge as a g8. The owner probably did it to get some extra bucks that tells me walk away. I want a g8 even thought its a v8 north star. Thank everyone for the heads up and a hunting I will go.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You should have no problem finding a nice G8. The Bonneville has a Northstar V8 and it is nothing close to the 6.0 or 6.2 on the G* models.

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
No offense but the G8 and Bonneville are two waaaay different cars. And you couldn't tell the difference in the two?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know what a old bonnieville looked like but when I saw the g8 on the deck lid and v8 on the fenders I did not know at first if it was. A first run g8 in the middle of a model change. Chrysler did that with a 300 the first year run looked like my intrepid then todays look. Anyway called dealer he said they did not notice the extra badging but had thier body man remove all wrong badging. And asked if I was interested I said no.this was a small lot so im staying clear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As a former owner of a GXP Bonnie there definitely is a difference. The Bonneville was a great car but in no way compares to the 8. For a parts bin answer to a performance sedan they didn't do too badly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts