Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't see it either. When someone stated it resembled the old 5 series from the side, I kind of saw it. The only resemblance I see are the fender flares.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Important thing to remember is that the difference in scheduled maintenance costs for a 5 or 7 series BMW and a G8 (or any other Pontiac for that matter) is enough to fund a small country.
Well yes, after the you get past the free scheduled maintenece on all new Bimmers. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are the dual projector like headlights and a twin semi-kidney grill.
The C-Pillar has a simliar dog-leg angle to it and there are 4-doors. =-)

I think it's a design done right, and I don't think there was a copy job done.

What I do believe is that good design elements are universal and what make a car a winning design is how it's executed and how it makes the owner feel.

Personally, my 330xi was fun, but hard to live with. maint. and repairs were costly...and it only came with a v6.
=-)

Now that Bangle has hurt BMWs designs.....the G8 makes a stunning case for solid design elements.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it's a design done right, and I don't think there was a copy job done.
Reading this got me thinking of the history of the Pontiac split grill. I can remember it back to about '63 or maybe earlier?? Yeah, no way is it a copy job. It is a Pontiac tradition that works only about 1/2 the time in design...IMHO.

It for sure works on the G8!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the GTO looks more like a BMW then the G8....

·
Registered
362 Posts
They look similar to a Audi A6.

I reckon Audi's look allot better than Bmw's anyway...

This is the RS6 a freakin absolute bullet of a car... A friend of a friend owns one... Nothing will touch it on the road...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My gf's first reaction was that it looks similar to a bimmer. Then again she is not a car enthusiast. Perhaps people with more casual interest in cars overlook key details and make a visual connection we aficionados lack?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think so...

Bimmer M5/G8 GT

Pretty similar if you ask me, although I do like the angles on the G8 more. More aggressive.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
26 Participants
J Wikoff
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing