Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a lot of yakking on about the "Hoffmeister kick" which is the hockey stick angle of the top of back window frame. This was pioneered by BMW and is a traight of all their vehicles. Personally, when I see one coming down the road (every day), I know exactly what it is. I never really got the comparison aside from the "kick".

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I don't see what the kick is. Can you elaborate on what the back window is doing different than any other car?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just got back from seeing the G8 in person! There was one at the Northwood University Auto show in Midland, Michigan. They had a grey/silver one there and I took a ton of pictures.

You have to see it in person, the car is like the size of a Dodge Charger minus the truck like front. And it really does resemble a 7 series or 5 series BMW, no doubt. Pictures do not do this car justice!

I'll post them soon, watching NFL now....

·
Registered
28 Posts
To jizz: that name is a little x rated ain't it?

As to the topic.... I actually like the 5 series better *ducks the lamp*.

The G8 photos we have here are of the concept car, go to Pontiac.com and you will notice that the lines of the production G8 are not half as nice. They freakin butchered the hood and grill for what I can see as no apparent reason. The ass on the G8 does not have the "Bangle Butt" which some see as a drawback on the BMW, but I've grown to like the BMW's rear areas. Got to give the G8 some credit for trying to be different though: when you cannot look better or even much better, you should at least be different.

As to the 7 series: in person, the 7 series measures longer from the front to the back than some large SUVs. I hope to god the G8 is not that big.

The pilot house on the BMW, btw, is much more upright than the G8. In terms of general shape, the G8 does do an overall ok job of mimicking the 550i.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
The G8 photos we have here are of the concept car, go to Pontiac.com and you will notice that the lines of the production G8 are not half as nice.
I don't see anything different but wheels, ride height, and emblem.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I looked again. Still looks the same to me.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts