Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09.5 Stryker Blue GT. 28,100 miles. Slight curb rash on bottom front bumper. Non-smoker. Serviced regularly and uses premium gas only. No mods. Has sport and premium package i believe. It has leather and sunroof along with 19" wheels. Asking $ 26,800. Is this a good price or should it be slightly less?

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Not too bad, the SBM cars usually are a few grand more than the other colors....

In your case its loaded (like mine!) and its a great color.

I would try to get them down a bit, but it might be tough given the rarity of the color..

·
ESTRNGD
114 Posts
09.5 Stryker Blue GT. 28,100 miles. Slight curb rash on bottom front bumper. Non-smoker. Serviced regularly and uses premium gas only. No mods. Has sport and premium package i believe. It has leather and sunroof along with 19" wheels. Asking $ 26,800. Is this a good price or should it be slightly less?
Is it a dealer of a private party? If it's a GM dealer is it "certified used"? As this gets you another 1 year 12k miles on the warranty. If it's private party I'd say 26,800 is way high, should be closer to 22k range. If it's a dealer you're likely going to have to pay more than private party but hopefully you could still get them close to the 24k range. Like some of the other posters said a SBM car had lower production numbers so while some people could care less, others will pay a little more for that color if they really want it... that's what I had to do.

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a privat seller. He says he wants to pay the loan off on his car and upgrade to a GXP. I told him 24,500. He still wants it in the low 26s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jedi,

I too think the price is a little high, but you are gonna have to pay if you want a blue one. There was only 1,100 blue GT's made, so don't let the price discourage you that much if you are set on blue. And let me tell you that when you see the color up close, ITS F-IN AWESOME. I bought mine new 2 years ago and drove almost 2 hours out of my way to get it, it was the only blue one within 500 miles of where I live. Hopefully you guys can meet somewhere in the middle on the price?

Good luck

·
Capital City G8
120 Posts
I too think its a little bit high. Id offer $24.5K. I paid less than that for mine with 11k. I know of a dealership that's selling an SBM w/ 70k for $21k. You could probably get it alot cheaper though.

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a decent price for 70k but I'm trying to keep it kinda low in miles due to powertrain warranty. I told the guy, i'd still have to pay for TT&L, shipping it back to Houston, and have to pay to book a roundtrip to NC to go see the car before buying. And not to mention, my damn credit union wants 10% down on my loan!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That is a decent price for 70k but I'm trying to keep it kinda low in miles due to powertrain warranty. I told the guy, i'd still have to pay for TT&L, shipping it back to Houston, and have to pay to book a roundtrip to NC to go see the car before buying. And not to mention, my damn credit union wants 10% down on my loan!

SBM, Roof, sport and premium. $24-26k seems to be the going rate, i paid $21,500 for mine (about a month ago) for 29k miles but no roof, premium only. but i know i got a deal on mine

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
WAs that deal from a dealer or private seller?
If you are asking about my deal then it was private party. I bought mine off of this board and had to drive it back from Colorado. Well worth it for my SBM dream car. Me personally didn't want a sunroof because my head hit the headliner with the roof cars now my head cl
ears by half an inch. BTW I had a brain fart I paid 21k flat.

·
Houston,TX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what do the sport and premium packages offer? I know the sport package has the 19 inch wheels.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So what do the sport and premium packages offer? I know the sport package has the 19 inch wheels.
premium = leather and fancy radio always
sport = 19" rims and thicker 10 and 2 position steering wheel

that car on ebay is a steal..... even with TTL

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Do you guys think the G8 sunroof is even worth having
I love the sunroof, its great to open it and get the open air feeling. Its not the quietest sunroof but I like it. Its really up to you, but the G8 doesn't give a closed in feeling without it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i wanted a sunroof but when i sat in a G8 that had one my head was hitting the headliner. when i sat in one without one my head didn't hit by about an inch. i am 6'3" and my brother is 6'5" and we both don't hit. i must sit weird.... for people that aren't as tall then i guess it would just be personal preference from personal experience my last car had a roof and now my g8 doesn't i don't even think about it. however my left arm is more tan than my right now. lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought my SBM for $19500 in Feb of this year with 60k miles on it. Has everything but sport package, also has a sunroof. I know I got it for really cheap, but I think 26k is too high. I agree with the other guys here that 24 is a bit closer to reality. I honestly didn't know my color was this rare until I read this thread! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
11 Participants
Jedi_13
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing