Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Camaro brembos for the front and rear and I am working on rounding up all the other goodies. currently shopping for rotors and pads and my question is, does all the Camaro ss cars have the same size rotors?

when buying pads, can I just specify a 2010-2011 Camaro ss and get pads that fit the brembos or will I get pads that fit a Camaro ss with GM calipers?

I guess the main question is did the Camaro ss come with different brake set ups or did they all come with brembos?

also, any updates on current locations running sales or that has the best prices will be helpful on saving me a lot of searching!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:confused:hmmm, no one must have ever done this swap before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
As far as I know, the Camaro SS only comes with one brake configuration(Brembo). I'm doing the same conversion right now also, but I'm using front calipers from a 2004-07 CTS-V so I don't have to drill for the bigger bolts.

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
OP go to the sticky on breaks which includes all the part numbers. Oh and yes there is only one set of Brembos on the SS!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know there is only one brembo config, just didn't know if it as an option to get the brembos on the SS and otherwise it came standard with some GM calipers. The stickie is a great resource and I I used it to order all the other supporting parts. Just wanted a little clarification before dropping several hundreds on rotors and pads only to find out they fit a different camaro ss setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.