Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
yes it is.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! People are definitely doing a double take, that is for sure. There are hardly any G8s in San Diego, nonetheless any Commodores :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick Question?

G'day, just wondering if the G8's have a Pontiac badge in the centre of the steering wheel? The G8's in Australia have the Holden badge and would like to change to a Pontiac one if available. Thanks in advance, John

·
Registered
682 Posts
When you do a rebadge do you change the front fascia and hood as well? I am not sure I understand the concept if you don't. What would be the point in a car that is half Pontiac and half Holden in appearance? Just one of my odd thoughts.

·
Registered
441 Posts
actually, you can do a holden rebadge and still keep the stock pontiac front end. there are some commodore models that have the pontiac bumper & hood from the factory

·
Registered
682 Posts
actually, you can do a holden rebadge and still keep the stock pontiac front end. there are some commodore models that have the pontiac bumper & hood from the factory
Those crazy Aussies. Who would of thunk?!:nuts:

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
889 Posts
When you do a rebadge do you change the front fascia and hood as well? I am not sure I understand the concept if you don't. What would be the point in a car that is half Pontiac and half Holden in appearance? Just one of my odd thoughts.
Some do, some don't. Our cars are 100% Australian anyways.

·
Registered
416 Posts
ha that looks cool, I can see someone driving up behind you and checking your car out, then reading the 'commodore' badge and just being completely confused!

·
Registered
23 Posts
When the us division canned the g8 we had (Aussie) too many g8front ends left over. Holden made it a limited edition. Still no effect so now it is an option.
My father in law ordered a le ssv commodore and payed extra for the privilege of a limited edition. By the time he took delivery it was an option. Needless to say he was not very happy.
Cheers boys.
Damo

·
Registered
722 Posts
The few "limited edition" commodores I've seen have no front badge, so I'm guessing they don't make a Holden badge that fits our front end.

·
yes it is.
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! I replaced the front arrowhead with a Third Shift Studios white concept dart, so it looks all white and very clean up front. I would recommend both the TTS front and Holden rear badges! I've had more people look at it now than ever before, trust me on that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.