Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Just purchased a 2009 White hot GT. I have been reading this forum for a while. I appreciate all of the information that is posted in here. I will probably mod after the powertrain warranty is up next year. Nothing too serious other than CAI, tune and possibly exhaust. The last owner had some custom mid pipe put on but it drones like crazy around 2000 rpm. I am going back to stock ASAP. Oh yeah, I promise to use the search button

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you want a little boost you can get the package deal of rotofab intake and tune from Livernois. You're able to flash back to stock for dealer visits.

Do you have the stock mufflers or need some?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that case, I may mod sooner. I thought there would be warranty issues if something went wrong. The mufflers are stock from what the previous owner tells me. I am going to pick up the stock mid pipes (cat back or whatever the proper name is. I have never had a car worth doing performance mods) Thanks Bob. I will definitely check out Livernois soon. I was also looking into Vector Motorsports but I am closer to Livernois

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also want to use my iPod through the steering controls. I dont have bluetooth. My music is my #1 priority. I may have to settle for mp3 cds. I hate using aux ports

·
Registered
933 Posts
If you have stock mufflers there shouldn't be any drone... odd.

Solo performance makes some very nice cat-back systems that don't drone and vary from wild to mild. Corsa is more expensive but a better sounding system according to some.

I'm more of performance junkie myself. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into Solo and Corsa as well. I know it is pretty quiet while stock. Whatever the custom piping on my G8 now, it has to go. It sounds lovely on the outside but it is unbearable on the inside. My wife hates riding in the G8

·
Registered
933 Posts
See if you can post a picture of the mufflers, from underneath... I'm betting they're not the stock ones. If they're not I have some stock ones in my shed you can have for $50 if you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Under the car

I can't tell what this is

Stock exhaust I plan on putting on

Sorry the pics came out so small

·
Registered
933 Posts
That almost looks like straight pipes, no wonder you've got drone. The stock mufflers will be quiet for sure. So quiet it'll sound like generic 4 door sedan. ;)

If you haven't yet, look up the Michigan G8 Owners group on Facebook. Many of us meet up on woodward friday/saturday nights and organize little meet/greet kinda things. It's great to be able to see mods in person or hear them in the case of exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I joined the group on facebook. I really enjoy it so far. As far as my drone issue, I plan on getting SOLO axlebacks soon. I am trying to catch a pair used first though

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome! I just started posting not long ago myself. Tons of info here and everyone is very nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts