Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to give props to Pat G for my new tune. I had a lot of issues with a local shop trying to tune my trans and got nothing but lunging and bucking. I emailed Pat and within a week had the EFI Live and his new tune. First shot was dramatically better but I wanted closer to F1 style shifting. He obviously told me this will never happen due to the limitations of the valve body but his second tune is spot on. It shifts great without the lunging and is pretty good at shifting instantly. I can't see how much better he can make it but it only took two tunes to get me happy. Great Job Pat and thanks for your help.​

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to give props to Pat G for my new tune. I had a lot of issues with a local shop trying to tune my trans and got nothing but lunging and bucking. I emailed Pat and within a week had the EFI Live and his new tune. First shot was dramatically better but I wanted closer to F1 style shifting. He obviously told me this will never happen due to the limitations of the valve body but his second tune is spot on. It shifts great without the lunging and is pretty good at shifting instantly. I can't see how much better he can make it but it only took two tunes to get me happy. Great Job Pat and thanks for your help.​
Nice review. Pat G is the man:judge:

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
It would be amazing if these transmissions could shift the second you tell them to. Though, it's even more amazing how much power they can handle, so give and take.

After going through other tuners, watching my friends go through tuners and my brother go through tuners, I've come to realize how great Patrick G is. He respond really quickly, he always has time to answer in-depth and dumb questions, and he tunes your car until YOU are happy. The entire time he's happy to make sure it's how you want it.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
It would be amazing if these transmissions could shift the second you tell them to. Though, it's even more amazing how much power they can handle, so give and take.

After going through other tuners, watching my friends go through tuners and my brother go through tuners, I've come to realize how great Patrick G is. He respond really quickly, he always has time to answer in-depth and dumb questions, and he tunes your car until YOU are happy. The entire time he's happy to make sure it's how you want it.
Agreed. What is most amazing to me is that he can tune ANYTHING that comes his way. He is taking some other shops setups that they themselves couldn't tune right and making these cars so much better. I have yet to see a Pat G negative review. Lord knows I have contacted him a billion times about my tune and he has always delivered.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Haha yep! I've seen a local member had his G8 tuned by the tuner that blew my engine up and he recently had Patrick G fix his car. My mistake was thinking a local dyno tuner was better than a remote road tune.

What is really awesome is come my next track day, I'm going to data log my car, and he's going to go through it to tweak it even more. I'm not talking about an 10 - 11 second quarter mile run, but my 25 minute road course session.

·
On the Hunt
176 Posts
Yeti can I have your wheels? Thanks.

:) but really they look great. What are they?

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
Yeti can I have your wheels? Thanks.

:) but really they look great. What are they?
Thanks man. They are Linea Corsa Z20s in dark gun metal.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts

Mine does! :wink2:

·
Registered
753 Posts
the more i hear about how good Pat G tunes are the more I want one, whats the price on this awesome tunage

+1

I'm sitting here waiting for UPS to deliver my valve cover spacers as i write this. After i get it up and running(tonight hopefully), I plan on contacting him for some dyno tuning in the near future.

@Saint
What are the spec's on your cam??

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Mine does! :wink2:
I'll believe it when I see it. So far, every person to claim that, has shown me disappointing results. Having controlled fast responsive shifts is not the 6l80's strong point. Don't confuse fast shifts with fast response times.

·
'Mod'erator
4,892 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. So far, every person to claim that, has shown me disappointed results. Having controlled fast shifts is not the 6l80's strong point. Don't confuse fast shifts with fast response times.
This 6L80 Transmission has a mind of its own some times. Schizophrenia on the automotive world.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
@Saint
What are the spec's on your cam??
I have a cam spec designed to allow me to sustain high revs for long periods of time. I could go with a lot more lopey cam designed for 1/4 mile run and would provide more hp, but it'd also beat the engine up more, provide less low end torque, and a few other things. My cam spec is specifically designed for my application. I paid Pat G to spec out the cam so I don't really want to hand out the information openly. I'd give you more info on the topic, but I already received a warning from the board. Happy to talk via PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody on the fence, DO IT! This is by far the best investment i have made for my upgrades. He already sent me tunes for my Camaro 3.45 and Kooks headers. I havent even installed them yet. He is fast and very knowledgable.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have been on the fence with this for..some time. My HP tune is pretty good now. Not sure his could be $650 better?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a cam spec designed to allow me to sustain high revs for long periods of time. I could go with a lot more lopey cam designed for 1/4 mile run and would provide more hp, but it'd also beat the engine up more, provide less low end torque, and a few other things. My cam spec is specifically designed for my application. I paid Pat G to spec out the cam so I don't really want to hand out the information openly. I'd give you more info on the topic, but I already received a warning from the board. Happy to talk via PM.
No worries.

It's probably not too far off of the one he spec'd for me a few months ago. I have a different one in now and it's choppy but not too bad. Just got the valves adjusted in a few minutes ago and took it for a spin. Lots of good power but still rich by about 7-15%. Gonna run this for a while, get a good tune on it then get Pat's cam. The setup i have makes it pretty easy to change out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts