Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to plasti dipping my car, I wanted to do the trim and the front kidney grills but was on the fence about doing the stock wheels. I must say black on red really pops and Im starting to dig the sportier look. I just wish I had aftermarket wheels =(

Anyways on to the pics, tell me what you guys think!

I know the car is dirty but havent really had a chance to clean it. Also any ideas on the calipers, paint them? if so, which color? red? yellow? black? etc..

[/URL][/IMG]

In this pic you can see the real garage queen..lol (put 8k miles on it in like 4 years)..

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
how is it misleading? he plastidip his wheels and grills, that is what most people plastidip.

·
Registered
187 Posts
how is it misleading? he plastidip his wheels and grills, that is what most people plastidip.
Fengstang probably anticipated a G8 fully plastidipped, as so did I. In a way it was misleading but it's not that crucial.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
title is misleading
i guess. I never seen a fully plast dip G8 yet, didnt think it was that popular of a appearence mod for you to assume thats what I did. Sorry that you clicked in here and not seeing what was expected =/

And the wrong car has the garage spot
I agree, but its hard to fit 2 baby seats in that coupe. Plus Im gonna be selling it in about a year or more so Im trying to keep it in best shape as possible.

OP looks Nice. I love thé look of thé all black grille
Dont look bad.. As the chrome on grilles get craced gotta do something not that yours were...
Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I saw a white one on youtube done also, prob the same one you saw.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I fell for it too, only clicked on it to see the plasti-dipped car. :) Oh well.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks great. Oh, to answer your question, yellow calipers.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I like it. The car looks good. I need to do my trim also. The 18's would look better if your car was lower.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You could consider doing your spoiler as well to really tie everything together.

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys, I also vote yellow, but the wife says no and do.red..and motorcity you say red...lol, ugg. I was thinking about doing the spoiler, maybe I will just to see if I like it. Thanks for.the ideas.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What was your process? Did you remove the pieces or just mask?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tryed removing the window trim but read about sometimes breaking the clips and was having a hard time so i didnt want to break any clips so left them on. I spent more time masking and prepping the car then I did actually spraying them. I prob masked more then i needed to but when spraying black substance onto trim while your door is open and interior exposed kinda scared me a little. Alot of newspaper!

The kidney grills I yanked out and sprayed those off the car. Wheels were left on the car also and put plastic bags over the rotor section to cover any overspray.

·
The Mustang dude
1,438 Posts
Nobody should be afraid of breaking those clips. I feared them for nearly 2 yrs I think. hahaha. They are cheaply made, easily replaced and meant to be a "breakaway" type of part in case the S hits the fan.
Seriously though, the best way to do the trim is to remove it completely and paint or dip it off the car. If you take your time and look closely at how the clips attach you can remove the trim w/o breaking any of them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.