Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous owner broke the antenna and my XM and regular radio cuts out more than Jesus has been dead. I need help! Any aftermarket replacements that are decent or just invest in a new OEM?

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
You are talking about the antenna base assy, which is the damaged part of the entire antenna assy. If so,that sounds like a part that's not commonly stocked (could be wrong here). If not stocked, I see an extended wait period ahead, and some unique procedure to remove the old one, if some type of super adhesive was involved with the factory install.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I'd go with a new OEM. I've never heard of an aftermarket replacement for the base part which contains the XM antenna.

If I recall correctly, the base part unbolts. You have to drop the headliner to get to the bolt.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
EMSGUY. Aren't you in the wny area ? And if so are you gonna do the Lakeview meet on the 11th?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EMSGUY. Aren't you in the wny area ? And if so are you gonna do the Lakeview meet on the 11th?
I am in the WNY area. Didn't hear anything about that meet. Where is it at? Details?

I am referring to the top stem. It's snapped off from the previous owner.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
EMS - call up Cleveland-pick-a-part and inquire about wrecked g8's, could probably get a replacement screw-antenna for just a couple of bucks.

And search the forum for the word 'lakeview' - it is this Saturday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EMS - call up Cleveland-pick-a-part and inquire about wrecked g8's, could probably get a replacement screw-antenna for just a couple of bucks.

And search the forum for the word 'lakeview' - it is this Saturday.
Saving my @ss again Zep! Thanks many.

Need to link up sometime. I owe ya a beer. :eek:ldfogey:

Anyway, found info on the meet, and I wish I didn't have as much going on this weekend as I do between my birthday and several others all around the same days. The wife has something planned for me........

Next time, I would love to meet up and cruise somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts