Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a number of companies offering lowering kits for the G8, but they are all 1" drops. I'm looking for something in the 1/2" area, as I don't want it to low...although that looks super sweet. Just trying to find a happy medium.

·
Lower than you...
633 Posts
I have seen a number of companies offering lowering kits for the G8, but they are all 1" drops. I'm looking for something in the 1/2" area, as I don't want it to low...although that looks super sweet. Just trying to find a happy medium.

Coilovers is the only option. But IMO lowering only 1/2" would be a waste of time/money cause I doubt even a G8 owner would notice. My car is lowered almost 3" and its not totally impractical to drive. I'm sure a 1" drop is very DD friendly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's the main reason I got BCs on my car. If you don't like where it sits, 15min and it's higher or lower.

Brent is correct in the 1/2" probably not being noticed even by you.

Here's where I put mine since it's a DD that my wife mainly drives.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Perhaps the pictures of lowered G8's I've seen, were more than the 1" I thought they were. Is Pedders the best option for coilovers?

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Are the pedders oe ride height coils about 1/2" drop???

Eibachs are 1.2 front/.8 rear and very practical, I just worry about the same things I would when the g8 was stock, and I don't scrape.

Also tein s techs are even less, I think they are 1" front/ .6 rear...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
drewstein, car looks fantastic like that. what are your front & rear set at on your BC's? thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are the pedders oe ride height coils about 1/2" drop???

Eibachs are 1.2 front/.8 rear and very practical, I just worry about the same things I would when the g8 was stock, and I don't scrape.

Also tein s techs are even less, I think they are 1" front/ .6 rear...
Those pedders springs are still on sale.

·
Registered
90 Posts
drewstein, car looks fantastic like that. what are your front & rear set at on your BC's? thanks.
I'm at 15 clicks front, 9 clicks rear. I could probably use another click or two in the rear but it's not super stiff which is nice. Just a little firmer than stock.

The BCs seem to be the best deal going. I'm never going to seriously road race the car so they are perfect for me. The body roll on the street is greatly reduced.

The front coils adjust at 1:1 and the rear at 2:1. If I want to lower it 1/2" all around I crank the front down 1/2" and the rear down 1".

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Pedder's OE HD springs are !/2" drop. They are the springs that are on sale right now due to overstock.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If you use the BMR poly strut mounts. They lower the front end about 3/8”

·
Registered
82 Posts
Highly recommend the Tein springs. I was looking for a minimal drop as well, the slightly added stiffness pairs really well with PPV struts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
R1 Concepts Geomet high carbon blank for a 2015 Chevy SS

Reactions: GXP25

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I just purchased some rear ones. R1 Carbon GEOMET Series: Brake Rotor SKU(S): 604-47051(L+R)

R1 Concepts is offering 25% off today only and free shipping for the next 10 hours.

$145.80 rotors down to $109.35 shipped. That's $54.675 a rotor. Pretty cheap.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just purchased some rear ones. R1 Carbon GEOMET Series: Brake Rotor SKU(S): 604-47051(L+R)

R1 Concepts is offering 25% off today only and free shipping for the next 10 hours.

$145.80 rotors down to $109.35 shipped. That's $54.675 a rotor. Pretty cheap.

Good find, always try to wait until they are on sale as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts