Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing around with the idea of smoking my lenses on my black G8. The only thing I'm worried about is it will look silly or too "murdered" out. I am planning also to do HIDs and LEDs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My car is MGM but I have tinted tails also, I think it looks pretty good. I would shy away from tinting headlights though.

For one your knowingly limiting your light output and personally I think it looks like something you'd see on a straighpiped Civic lol.

Look into painting the housings or getting new black headlights, it will look much better in the long run.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Been playing around with the idea of smoking my lenses on my black G8. The only thing I'm worried about is it will look silly or too "murdered" out. I am planning also to do HIDs and LEDs.
If you're talking about smoking your headlights when you refer to lenses, I'd suggest checking out XPEL. They sell headlight and foglight protection kits that you can get in a smoked color. I had the dark smoked protection film on my fog lights and they looked good and didn't noticeably affect the light output from my foglights. I've run their headlight protection kits on my previous vehicles and have been very happy with the quality. Also the film is easily removable if you end up not liking the look.

PFYC is running a special on these right now.

·
Nice Weather, Please?
775 Posts
Ive had my front bumper marker lenses/reflectors blacked out for years. Looks much cleaner than the bright yellow wedge. Painted and polished them with some taillight tint spray paint.

66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm going to think on it for awhile. :)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Thanks! Just needs low now.
Nahhhhh...... the 4X4 look is the new thing, all the kids are doing it. LOL! JK. ;)

I have tinted Spyder tails on my PBM GT and they look awesome IMHO. As for the "murdered out" look (again this is just my opinion) but its more like the "played out" look. I mean exactly how many ways can you mod the same car the same way? All black? Its been done to death*, I decided to keep a little chrome to keep the car more.....tasteful in appearance. That and when mine was "murdered out" I got pulled over ALL the fuking time and it got old! Took all the blacked out stuff off and its like the cop magnet I had installed on my rear bumper fell off.

Damn I just realized I haven't taken any pics of my car in over a year! So much detail has changed I gotta get some new pics up.

*LEGAL DISCLAIMER; the "murdered out" look being played out is just my opinion and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. Do not let my opinion of a look stop you from doing it to your car and enjoying your car, after all it is YOUR CAR and not mine. My comments about the look were not intended toward any single individual or there car.

·
Big D
333 Posts
Nahhhhh...... the 4X4 look is the new thing, all the kids are doing it. LOL! JK. ;)

I have tinted Spyder tails on my PBM GT and they look awesome IMHO. As for the "murdered out" look (again this is just my opinion) but its more like the "played out" look. I mean exactly how many ways can you mod the same car the same way? All black? Its been done to death*, I decided to keep a little chrome to keep the car more.....tasteful in appearance. That and when mine was "murdered out" I got pulled over ALL the fuking time and it got old! Took all the blacked out stuff off and its like the cop magnet I had installed on my rear bumper fell off.

Damn I just realized I haven't taken any pics of my car in over a year! So much detail has changed I gotta get some new pics up.

*LEGAL DISCLAIMER; the "murdered out" look being played out is just my opinion and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. Do not let my opinion of a look stop you from doing it to your car and enjoying your car, after all it is YOUR CAR and not mine. My comments about the look were not intended toward any single individual or there car.
i like those rims

·
Decepticon
180 Posts

Attachments

66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think this what I am going to do,

Put some tinted protective film on the tails.
Get a set of Spyder headlights with black inner housings.
Get a set of clear bumper side markers.
Have all the lights done in LEDs and the low beams HIDS
Leave the yellow vinyl film on my fogs
Order a pizza
Nom it down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.