Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen another G8 GT or GXP other than mine in at least a year... The only reason I've seen a V6 one is because I live across from a former Pontiac dealership in Saratoga and a lady brings it there for service! I feel so alone out here haha! Although being inconspicuous has its perks...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Very few of us and even less are active on the forums.

Since my G8 has less than 30k on it shows that it isn't out and about to be seen.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Its sad but true. I'm in the western new york area and I've seen around 20 here since I started paying attention ( when I got mine in 2012). A few owners are ladies or people who are not into it and don't get together let alone join this site.

I seeyou guys are stuck in the middle : ) if you 2 and others want to make the drive. We (me and a few other wny guys) are going to the Lakeview meet in canada. We've had around 40 to 45 g8s from all around canada show these last couple years. Plus now that our dollar is worth way more now and gas prices are down this summer , it might be worth the drive. Theres also a meet in the Niagara region of canada. Much closer to us : )

We haven't discussed any meets here locally. We try for a couple. There's maybe 3 other local guys from my area that are active here.

I am starting to see more now that the weather is braking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the rhinebeck area about a 1hr south of Albany.i have a gt with 25k Im new to the forum I've had my g8 for 2 years now and my wife has an 08 we got new but it's only a v6.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I actually got my G8/GT from Hudson GMC down in Poughkeepsie as they had a good selection in stock back in 09. There are a few G8s out around Rochester that have posted on the forums and one up around Plattsburgh but haven't heard from him in quite a while.

There were just a few I've seen here in the capital district but none are on the forums.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I actually got my G8/GT from Hudson GMC down in Poughkeepsie as they had a good selection in stock back in 09. There are a few G8s out around Rochester that have posted on the forums and one up around Plattsburgh but haven't heard from him in quite a while.

There were just a few I've seen here in the capital district but none are on the forums.
You got yours from Hudson? That's where I got mine. They had two MGMs with VINs right next to each other. I took one...don't know who took the other. When did you buy yours? I bought mine in Sept 2008...and it's a 2009 G8GT.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
When did you buy yours? I bought mine in Sept 2008...
Got mine in May 09 so that's quite a while after you. Yeah, Hudson had a few on the lot while dealers up here had maybe one and held it out for a premium price.

Westford is way over on the other end of Mass. How did you end up at Hudson?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Got mine in May 09 so that's quite a while after you. Yeah, Hudson had a few on the lot while dealers up here had maybe one and held it out for a premium price.

Westford is way over on the other end of Mass. How did you end up at Hudson?
Prior to Westford, I lived in Walden NY, which is about 20miles from Hudson.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
BMWHunter
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing