Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming CA and TX gets theirs first. Just wondering...

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
I talked to a rep for Alpine Pontiac, and he told me that they were expecting one "any day now." That was last week and i have heard nothing. I got a call from Medved today, but the message said nothing about a G8 in stock, just that I should "come in." Im not expecting any until May or so, at least that is what the majority of dealers all agree on.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
There are 7 G8 888's headed to Colorado, spread around the state. Nobody has multiples escept GO which will have one at each store. All GT's, BTW. 1 black, 2 orange, and 4 gray. Alpin's gray has a two-tone interior. All the others are black. All 888's are supposed to be in dealer hands by end of this month.

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
Im still getting the "60-90" day speak from most of the dealers. How do I see what is going where? Or is that something that only someone on the inside gets to see. Just wondering because there is alot of talk about traking the cars. I cant seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I talked to one of the sales guys at GO in Centennial; he looked at the system and and said he had no cars booked in the system for their location.

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
Alpine Pontiac called today, they just got 2 G8's in and they are on the showroom!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go in Lone Tree has one; I'm checking it out today. Suss, supposedly, has three.

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
Just got back from Grand Pontiac in Thornton (104th). They had a black GT on the lot, and they handed over the keys with extreme ease!! The car was absolutly awsome! the interior rocks, and the trunk has to be seen in person to really appreciate how big it is. The car drove perfect, tight, fast, no road noise. The exhaust is very quiet, but easily fixable with mufflers. The sales guy was a total idiot!! He told me that Pontiac only made 890 G8's total. Thats a total croc!! He also drove the car like he stole it. Shame, a beautiful car with only 55 miles on it is being flogged by some dumb kid who has no appresiation for what the car is. I also knew a ton more about the car than he did. Every question I asked, I got "huh, um, dont know." I was explaining the whole car to my girlfriend and the sales guy got a bit cranky.

Car was black with black interior, premium package, and sport package with a sunroof. Nice car, but I would never buy that particular one. I want one that has not been flogged so hard in the beginning. The car was at MSRP, but there was an orange one in the showroom sold for $5,000 over MSRP. That guy got used!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at the dark, grey metallic one at GO in Lone Tree. Great looking car. I like the interior, especially the center console. I wasn't thrilled with some of the hard plastic on the doors but it wouldn't stop me from buying it, of course. This one has the premium package on it, too. I really liked the black leather seats. As you said, the trunk is enormous.

After sitting in the G8 (I didn't have time to drive it), I also took a quick look at a Solstice GXP. The G8 is so much nicer.

The G8 is going to be a home run for Pontiac.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New G8 GTs in the Lone Tree GO lot: orange, black and purple-blue...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike Shaw (booo) in the Springs has a black base (no leather, no roof) GT for MSRP plus $5,000 market adjustment LOL. Same dealer has $7,000 markups on the new Evos.
LOL. F00kers.

GO Lone Tree has no market adjustment.

It looks like they've sold the dark gray and, I believe, the purplish-blue one they had on the lot. They're down to orange and black. Also, they have a killer BMW 645 CI on the lot.

:drool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought an IOM GT in early May in Longmont! Unfortunately had to trade our GTO for it, but with two kids it just wasn't practical. Love the G8!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Proud Owner as of July

Got my G8 in July, V6 with the upgraded interior, hvac and stereo-North Denver, Henderson/Brighton area - black interior panther black exterior, 30% tint

1 - 20 of 28 Posts