Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow G8Board members,

I'm writing to see if anybody can help me out here. I just purchased my first classic (1967 Galaxie 500 convertible 390) and am in need of some help! I just got out of the BMV trying to register my car and was turned away because there was no VIN on the dash. Well, like many old cars, parts have been replaced throughout the years and so on...

I can't seem to find where the VIN location is (and the driver side door has since been replaced), however I have the title to the vehicle, bill of sale, as well as a copy of when the previous owner had the car retitled in IL (where I bought it) back in 1990. Not to mention when you use google street view you can see the car sitting in the driveway of the titled owner! So I can trace the cars history back 23 years. I also have traced the VIN on the title and it accurately represents the year/make/model/engine size or the car.

Is there any officers out in G8 world or someone who knows of one that would be willing to help me out by verifying and signing the VIN inspection paperwork?

Thanks so much everyone!

Regards,

charnow

·
Registered
287 Posts
Send me a PM. With your #, and I'd be happy to help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts