Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, My 2009 L76 engine has broken camshaft and on compression in cylinder 7. Possible lifter issue. Mechanic said it would need to be rebuilt or swapped out. 209,000 miles. Could I sell the broken motor? For what price you think it’s worth? Also, if I did the swap, would a mechanic offer to buy it, or give it back? Or not say anything:).

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
If the block is damaged, them the heads could be the salvageable part of it. Does it still have the intake?

·
Registered
2009 liquid red G8 Gt
4 Posts
If the mechanic said it could be rebuilt then a machine shop could tell you more. Where are you located? I would take it off your hands if you are close to north Alabama.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the mechanic said it could be rebuilt then a machine shop could tell you more. Where are you located? I would take it off your hands if you are close to north Alabama.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am in Illinois. Not very close:). What do you think it is with as is? Just weighing my options.

·
Registered
2009 liquid red G8 Gt
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am in Illinois. Not very close:). What do you think it is with as is? Just weighing my options.
Just remember to replace the engine they may want a core. So they will probably want the block back. I could see 450.00 just for the bare block..... 800.00 short block...... and 1150.00 for long block.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
311 Posts
Yeah you will probably need it for a core unless you want to shell out a whole lot more cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts