Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any videos floating around with V2+J+cats? I've heard this setup from outside the car, but stupid me forgot to ask to sit in the car.

I do a lot of lengthy trips in rush hour traffic (1 hour+), so I want something smooth and quiet when cursing at gridlock. It needs to be extremely neighbor friendly, yet wake up when I'm feeling lucky.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Are there any videos floating around with V2+J+cats? I've heard this setup from outside the car, but stupid me forgot to ask to sit in the car.

I do a lot of lengthy trips in rush hour traffic (1 hour+), so I want something smooth and quiet when cursing at gridlock. It needs to be extremely neighbor friendly, yet wake up when I'm feeling lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoloPerformance

In the dialog box in the right side, type in your search terms, starting with g8 and moving on from there. Should be quite a few 'in cabin' videos for you to sample.

I consider v2+J+Cats smooth and quiet with an ever so slight rumble when idle or in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already used the search feature, including hunting YouTube. The closest I've found is V2+Cats (No J's). The V2 without the J's are pretty loud from what I've read (and heard), so that video doesn't help me.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
The J pipes will reduce sound on the original V2 by about 15%, and eliminate any drone. The tone will be very similar.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Hit up the Yeti, he was running that set up for a while and probably has a clip you could listen to.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I've already used the search feature, including hunting YouTube. The closest I've found is V2+Cats (No J's). The V2 without the J's are pretty loud from what I've read (and heard), so that video doesn't help me.

v2 exhaust without the j's was not loud at all, I would say it was damm near perfect. The j's quieted things down a bit and got rid of the drone.

I want to go back to my v1 and put the js on it, take away the drone from the v1 and it was heaven

now im thinking about cats- maybe there will be a group buy soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts