Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks good, I always really like while hot G8s. Might be a little high for mileage, but include the mods and its not too bad for the price. Someone had a GXP monster. Post says it was lowered 2", yet it looks pretty close to only a 1" drop SLP/eibach springs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
funny how it says Extremely rare lol

flood damage car from new york?
that is a concern that I had not thought of, and probably one good enough for me to not to consider it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Too many things sound off from the posting. New cammed LS3? 540 RWHP? .535" lift cam? Sounds fishy... I don't mind modded cars but the owner needs to know exactly what they're selling and be up-front about it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
over $20k in aftermarket and upgrades??????.......

·
OlderByTheMinute
673 Posts
Too many things sound off from the posting. New cammed LS3? 540 RWHP? .535" lift cam? Sounds fishy... I don't mind modded cars but the owner needs to know exactly what they're selling and be up-front about it.

Agreed, 540 with those mods(ain't going to happen)!I'm 2300 maggie
superchaged with only 6lbs of boost and total kooks longtube headers
shorty cats with xpipe and magnaflows and at 85 degrees only putting
out 525 at the rears!If his story is true I could have saved 1000's with more
hp to boot! BR from "Planet Texas". And by the way with the maggie 400 lbs
at 2000 rpm.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
This vehicle was originally owned by a board member ElonUniversityGXP, then went to Cinci and then NY.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

When I asked about it he said it has a GMPP crate motor in it with remaining warranty, the specs are the GM ASA cam. I agree, the whp for the setup doesnt seem correct though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I spoke with this guy on the phone, he had a listing through CL that I found. His name is Kyle, and he's a complete straight shooter.

Here's the details on the car:

Original LS3 block cracked after he owned the vehicle for 20k miles. He replaced it with a new crate LS3 complete with GMPP cam and lifters. The engine and all components is covered by 2 year warranty.

I agree with MGM GT that the dyno stats feel off. However, the car appears to be in decent shape, albeit without the original engine. I think he can reasonably expect 28-30k, but his current expectations seem slightly high.

Either way, if you can get in touch with him, he's completely reasonable and seems like he'd be a great party to work with.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Finally!!! Now go get the FI you wanted.... LOL

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Are you bringing both G8s to Wiregrass next week?

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Congrats man! Beautiful car and she sounded great. Nice meeting and talking with you earlier today.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats man! Beautiful car and she sounded great. Nice meeting and talking with you earlier today.
Yeah...go figure that! I'm pumping gas in North Carolina, and I run across another GXP owner. G8 owners are the best! Glad I decided to NOT get a CTS-V instead!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Congrats!

How is the LS3/480, Does it run pretty smooth down low?

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Yeah...go figure that! I'm pumping gas in North Carolina, and I run across another GXP owner. G8 owners are the best! Glad I decided to NOT get a CTS-V instead!
Aww damn you I'm sorry you ran into him.. nah just kidding he's a great guy. Should've had a mini meet in NC lots of members here.. although most were at ECS.

Congrats on the new car!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts