1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I believe GtoG8ta should.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Are you looking for just a key, with no FOB buttons? I'm not sure such a thing exists for G8s. Just flip and fixed versions, both with buttons.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
I see a place in Ohio, that sells *just* the blank ignition key with a built in GM transponder chip embedded within the head section for $ 13. If this is what your looking for, there business is "fobkeyless.com"

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Give them the fixed key.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Each G8 came new with a flip and a non-flip (fixed) key. I just assumed you had both. You can aslo tell the dealer you don't want the key recall done. They might have you sign something. My dealer was just like "meh, whatever" and didn't mention it again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But then there is a liability issue when I sell the car. Not supposed to sell a car with outstanding recalls.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd still have to notify a buyer about the recall. Easier to get it done and not deal with it later.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
It's a free trip to the dealer at any time if you want to get it done later.

·
Registered
321 Posts
There are cloneable aftermarket keys any locksmith can make up for you as long as you got a working key they can copy the chip and the cut.

THis is some info I dug up on the caprice ones but the 14+ key got mixed up in that thread so do not go by any of the part numbers in there. See what your local locksmith that can clone has for the G8

New Caprice - Discussion forums ? View topic - Hide a Key Options

1 - 15 of 15 Posts