Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few marks on the face a couple of my stock 19s and am wondering the best approach to clean them up. I've washed with soap and water and used a couple different wheel cleaners, but still have the marks. I used some heavy cutting compound (Meguiars M105) on the body of my 210k mile beater and it came out awesome.. I'm wondering if this would be safe for our wheels since everywhere else I've seen recommendations to use the same wax/polish as you would on the paint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
GM Enthusiast
826 Posts
When I had a few small scratches I used a 4 inch buffing pad on a drill. The ones adams polishes sells. That did the job for me.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I went at them today with a Mother's power ball and Meguiars M105.. They came out GREAT! The scuffs came right out and the surface scratches after a little more work as well. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good to hear man. I got a couple deep ones. The one was there when I got it. I'm thinking of just going aftermarket down the road and use the stocks for winter time.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All 4 of my wheels are curbed here and there, but it's not incredibly noticeable. The face of the wheel is what bugged me. I would use them as a winter set, but 19" tires are uber expensive.

Albeit, I think the sport 19s are one of the best looking wheels for these cars. I'm contemplating having them chromed. The black chrome set in the FS section looks killer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.