Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our GXP's?

I know Monster II is a option...
Just wondering if this twin disk is a option for us...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The Katech LS9x clutch works well. I like it and trust it more then something from monster.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Katech LS9x clutch works well. I like it and trust it more then something from monster.
1500 bucks ? OUCH !
I'll take a look though...
I guess when I added my blower, I needed to realize this was next...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I don't think I'll run a production clutch since bean counters have a say so in them compared to the aftermarket. I've always been a centerforce guy but spec is 30 minutes from my house.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I'll run a production clutch since bean counters have a say so in them compared to the aftermarket. I've always been a centerforce guy but spec is 30 minutes from my house.
Looked on the centerforce site, no "g8" applications... I have a email into them, hope it gets answered tomorrow..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Considering its a ZL1 clutch you're looking for, I doubt it will show up on the G8 list.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Considering its a ZL1 clutch you're looking for, I doubt it will show up on the G8 list.
Umm ya I know...
I was looking for a G8 on the Centerforce page and it doesn't show.
I'm looking for options.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
With clutches like the Katech, the clutch itself is for a ZR1 but the flywheel is customized for the G8. Once you have the kit with the flywheel you can use replacement parts from the ZR1. It cheaper the second time around because the replacement disks and flexplate is about $600.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The zr1 twin for the G8 is nice, but i can tell you that a monster stage 2 does have more clamping force. Ive driven both.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have the ls9 clutch kit, and I'm switching to a center force twin setup.. Our clutchs are the same as a c6 z06.. Granted right now I have the normal ls9 clutch and cant speak for the katech one.. But I'm already reaching the limit of the this clutch..

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I have the ls9 clutch kit, and I'm switching to a center force twin setup.. Our clutchs are the same as a c6 z06.. Granted right now I have the normal ls9 clutch and cant speak for the katech one.. But I'm already reaching the limit of the this clutch..
Correct the C6 clutch will work. How are you at the limit of the LS9 clutch? Do you have more mods then in your sig? I know guys with over 600hp that beat the crap out of this thing and it never misses a beat. I'm at 480 to the wheels and drive it pretty hard, I just pulled the trans and the clutch looked good. I'm going to push it harder once I get the new setup tuned which should be well over 500 with a lot more tq then before.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm stumped too about this clutch.. I am making more power then my sig, but some guys have goodluck with them others don't, I get that clutch only comes half way up promblem and that's why I'm switching It out for something else... If I was to do it again I would of just done the center force the first time..

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'm stumped too about this clutch.. I am making more power then my sig, but some guys have goodluck with them others don't, I get that clutch only comes half way up promblem and that's why I'm switching It out for something else... If I was to do it again I would of just done the center force the first time..
If the clutch only comes half way up then thats your fluid not the clutch itself. Do you change your clutch fluid often? It needs to be changed more often then your oil. GM slaves get a lot of dust in them and causes the pedal to stick, doesnt have anything to do with the clutch itself. If you dont solve that problem first them the new clutch will do the same thing.

If your clutch fluid isnt perfectly clear then I would start there.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If the clutch only comes half way up then thats your fluid not the clutch itself. Do you change your clutch fluid often? It needs to be changed more often then your oil. GM slaves get a lot of dust in them and causes the pedal to stick, doesnt have anything to do with the clutch itself. If you dont solve that problem first them the new clutch will do the same thing.

If your clutch fluid isnt perfectly clear then I would start there.
Yeah tried that multiple times, with no effect. I'm just goin to change it sometime this year for the center force, that way at least I can throw what ever I want at it power wise and not worry..

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The zr1 twin for the G8 is nice, but i can tell you that a monster stage 2 does have more clamping force. Ive driven both.
Thank you sir...
That's something I needed to hear !
Too many opinions out there and no "fact"...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Incorrect, the GXP and Camaro have different bell housing lengths so different clutch setups.
We didn't go into detail but remember the rep saying that it took the same clutch as he believed the camaro because they had already sold a couple but he didn't double check because I asked him not to. He also told me it wasn't in the catalog because of how many were made. I told him when I was ready we would make sure. Thanks for the correction. Is the slave/throw out bearing different as well?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I believe the C6 slave will fit with slight trimming of the trans if you want to go that route instead of a new GXP slave.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts