1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
tmm syndrome if people get that for our cars and pretty much turbos are turbos definitely better quality and fuller kits seems like they cut parts out to lower the shipping and cost

fyi tmm= too much money

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would be concerned about fitment issues in the engine bay because their steering shaft is on the other side of the engine bay over there...would that exhaust manifold clear? Awfully expensive way to find out. There are plenty of shops who would custom fab a single turbo setup for not much more than that probably.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Google PT88 G8, someone just put one on a G8...I was going to post the link here but it says you need to log in to view so itll be a pain.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thats my new set up i have for the g8 i currently have it apart again due to failed lifters and a pitted cam... Just waiting on a new cam i need to order n put it all back together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why have that when you can have this..........
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60462
One of the attractions of buying a productized kit is the fact you could install it over the course of a weekend or 2.

The thread you linked to is over 9 mos old. As of now, it's mainly a collection of parts and build decisions. Understandable, as they are building it from scratch and I'm sure they are busy with work that really keeps the lights on.

NLP is a reputable shop and I will bet it will be completed.

Anyone enlisting a shop to custom build a turbo kit needs to be prepared for extended downtime and bring a lot of patience.

I'm interested in seeing the completed build and I hope NLP follows through and makes a shippable G8 turbo kit.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
^^^ That is the ultimate plan. Something available stateside for the G8 community...... mid April for completion....

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm sorry but that G8 is looking rough...
Idk what looks rough, theres not any body panels really showing...I mean it does have a huge turbo shoe horned in there, looks good to me. Hopefully they post up more about it, looks like its going to be a monster.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds like ****. Lets see how long that motor stays in 1 piece

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds like ****. Lets see how long that motor stays in 1 piece
Actuallly it sounds like that because it was the first ever start and had not done the exhaust set up on it, basically it was an open 4in down pipe right next to the transmission. I have now done the full exhaust to the back just waiting to install my fuel system and meth.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks like you moved the alternator to the top next to the throttle body for clearance for the turbo?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts