Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy I work with from Houston was telling me that his entire Cobra and his wheels were coated in this stuff that acts as a protectant for the whole car and when coated on the wheels, makes brake dust a breeze to rinse off.

I've seen pix and videos on FB and Youtube with whole cars getting sprayed with this stuff.

Anyone know anything about it?

Company is called 22ple and the wheel product is called VM1 Rim and Metal Coating. I don't think I can post the link.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
158 Posts
22ple is a newer player in the coatings world. Initial looks/appearance is very good, however no long term tests are available. The best coating out there right now is Opti-coat 2.0 from Optimum Polymer Technologies.

Coatings are excellent to have on the car, but proper prep is essential for them to work as advertised.

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
My Detailer is trying to put Cquartz. Looking that up it seems it can be used on rims too. He swears by it, and I am going to try it soon.

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so these types of coatings we are talking about are different than a typical wax and seal detail job?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Offshore Prositute
756 Posts
yeah from talking to the detailer they work better than most waxes and sealants. they stop a lot of the chips from happening. CQuartz says you have to throw away your cloth towel cause it will harden and become something like glass.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Autopia.org /thread

Spend some time there to learn everything you need to about detailing products, etc.

IMHO coatings are the new technology in car care. They are superior, in terms of protection, against anything else out there. The most important step when using these types of products is to ensure proper prep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts