Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Napoli Kia in Milford, Conn. has one. No pictures, but it is part of a small collection from the former Pontiac dealer. A hair over 20,000 miles, asking $43,000.

Found this after reading a Jalopnik article about the Pontiac Banshee concept car the dealer is also selling.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
$43k seems really high for the price. It's odd that a dealership is placing the value so high. They would probably only want to give in the $20'sk for the trade in value.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Yeah, $43k is really high for the year and miles. You can get similar Chevy SS in stick for less.

·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on the rest of the inventory for sale (including a Solstice GXP coup with like 100 miles on it), I assume this is "Pontiac enthusiast" pricing and not "cross-shopping a SS" pricing.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yeah, $43k is really high for the year and miles. You can get similar Chevy SS in stick for less.
Not as rare. If one is interested in such things. Price is crack pipe. In case anyone is paying attention, the bottom just dropped out of the car market. And the stock market. And the economy.

·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not as rare. If one is interested in such things. Price is crack pipe. In case anyone is paying attention, the bottom just dropped out of the car market. And the stock market. And the economy.
It's too rich for my blood, but the only other manual GXP I'm finding online right now is $24,999, but has more than 100,000 more miles on it.

·
Pontiac Crazy
459 Posts
That dealer brand started out as a Pontiac dealer and just posted up a whole bunch of Pontiacs. They also have a location dedicated to classics, Napoli Classics. I'm guessing they just cross-posted all of the cars.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got a GXP in my garage that I’d let go for $41k. It’s PBM, M6, sunroof, completely stock except for new tires a few weeks ago. Only has 12,000 miles on it...actually 11,986. Flawless...inside and out. Any interest just let me know...

·
6 Speed Maniac
477 Posts
I have been flirting with the idea of selling my GXP, not sure yet. It is a White Hot M6 w/onyx interior. Has just a shade over 20K miles on the clock. Always garage kept and would come with lots of extras. I would ask about $35K for it. They must have some good crack in Connecticut because $43K is crazy IMO!

·
Registered
38 Posts
What drugs are these people taking? no way a stock gxp in in the 40k range, low to mid 30s is realistic.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Fishing expedition.
Somewhere out there is some nut who just has to have this GXP and will pay this price.
There's some kook up here that wants $40ish for a low mile GT.
Like MGMGXP said the bottoms fallen out of the car market, that being said the rarer stuff like said GXP may they're value.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts