Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1847 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Whats everyone up to this winter? Besides shoveling. I've been off facebook for months so I'm missing the Northstar G8 group. I wanted to do the rear camera mod this winter and am wondering if the guy from the Northstar G8 page on facebook is on that completed his this past summer? Anyone got any big plans for the car? Looking forward to getting out to the track this spring!!
This is my second winter driving the G8 (fifth year of ownership) and I have been loving it. I see some G8s around the cities. I am up by White Bear Lake. Who lives on centerville road by the freeway and drives a black GT? I'm not on the FB page but my wife has seen pictures/poets about my car on there recently.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is my first Minnesota winter and it’s killing me. Will it ever end?
I have had my car under the car cover for a few months. Hoping it warms up eventually so I can install some parts I have been collecting. Have konis and eibach ready to go along with front and rear sways, rear lower adjustable arms, front control arms and radius rods and new strut mounts. Hopefully it handles well when I’m done.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Yes this last part of winter has been brutal. We were on such a good stretch!Car should handle great when its all installed Zach.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whats everyone up to this winter? Besides shoveling. I've been off facebook for months so I'm missing the Northstar G8 group. I wanted to do the rear camera mod this winter and am wondering if the guy from the Northstar G8 page on facebook is on that completed his this past summer? Anyone got any big plans for the car? Looking forward to getting out to the track this spring!!

Hi DRUMSBH,

I’m the guy your looking for that completed the backup camera this past summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Hi DRUMSBH,

I’m the guy your looking for that completed the backup camera this past summer.

Did you find a camera that uses the hole in the trunk? Was it from Amazon? I have your post saved on FB but it pains me to go back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you find a camera that uses the hole in the trunk? Was it from Amazon? I have your post saved on FB but it pains me to go back.

No problem at all. Here is a link of the camera from Amazon I used.

NOAUKA Waterproof IP68 Night Vision 170 Degree Car Rear View/Reversing/Reverse Camera Universal Color CMOS Imaging Chip Backup Parking HD Front View Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNM7GNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mjmDCb9VZ00A5

This camera works with the center hole in the trunk lid, but I did have to slightly notch the hole to sit flat. I just touched up the bare metal with some paint to keep it protected. It is hidden by the camera.

Another option I found is the following camera. It replaces one of the licenses plate light.

Navinio Waterproof Night Vision HD CMOS 170°Viewing Field Car Rear View Backup Camera for Sony CCD Holden Commodore VX UTE VY SS VZ VR VS VE V6 VZ SV6 car reverse camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WTS79P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PBmDCbTNSVWVQ

Also the rear view mirror I used for the display is as follows.

Gentex 657 rear view mirror with a 3.5” display. I found one used on eBay.

If you have any other questions. Don’t hesitate to ask.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Almost finished my brake swap to 2011 CTSV 6 Piston and 4 piston. Dropped them off at the powder coater right before I went back to work. Looking to get that all back together and then she is being shipped of to the motor city for some HP mods at Livernois. I am hoping to pick it up in Detroit and drive it back home when it is finished. This winter has been brutal up north as well. I love winter but I am ready to spring! We should organize a gathering this summer, I would be down for a meet and greet in the cities or midway between the cities and Duluth.

Keep in touch guys!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi everyone

I haven't been on in awhile. Did I hear possible 50's in MN this week :) Nothing new in brainerd , just keeping the batteries charged and waiting for the excessive amounts of snow to melt.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
No problem at all. Here is a link of the camera from Amazon I used.

NOAUKA Waterproof IP68 Night Vision 170 Degree Car Rear View/Reversing/Reverse Camera Universal Color CMOS Imaging Chip Backup Parking HD Front View Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNM7GNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mjmDCb9VZ00A5

This camera works with the center hole in the trunk lid, but I did have to slightly notch the hole to sit flat. I just touched up the bare metal with some paint to keep it protected. It is hidden by the camera.

Another option I found is the following camera. It replaces one of the licenses plate light.

Navinio Waterproof Night Vision HD CMOS 170°Viewing Field Car Rear View Backup Camera for Sony CCD Holden Commodore VX UTE VY SS VZ VR VS VE V6 VZ SV6 car reverse camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WTS79P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PBmDCbTNSVWVQ

Also the rear view mirror I used for the display is as follows.

Gentex 657 rear view mirror with a 3.5” display. I found one used on eBay.

If you have any other questions. Don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you! I'll be ordering!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Just picked up a new ride, 2016 GMC Sierra.

Nice looking truck, unique color I don't think I've seem that one before.
My son has a '15 Sierra All Terrain, some subtle body changes between the two years, are those rims OEM or aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Nice looking truck, unique color I don't think I've seem that one before.

My son has a '15 Sierra All Terrain, some subtle body changes between the two years, are those rims OEM or aftermarket?
Thank you. Those are oem, can't remember the package they came with off the top of my head.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was never a truck fan until I moved up here. I now have 2000 ford 4 door pickup. Don’t think I could live without one now.
Yours looks really good. Nice color.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I love the look of the Chevy and the GMC but why have they not centered and moved the shark fin to the rear of the cab, it just sets off all my alarms as to aesthetics!

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Thank guys. The truck does have the dreaded torque converter shudder since it's the 8 speed. So looking at getting that fixed hopefully soon.

1801 - 1820 of 1847 Posts