Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1847 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know of a good machine shop near the twin cities? I need to get some cylinder heads checked out. Nothing fast or special, just a daily driver truck.
Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'll keep the people interested in hood liners informed. I am waiting on the seller to contact me when he figures out a way to ship multiple pieces. He told me he would but then again he may end up selling his inventory local.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hey all welcome back to summer in MN. Got the beast back from Livernois at the end of May and I am pleasantly surprised. 715 HP at the crank and 602 HP at the wheels. Dyno pulls in their shop were insane. Looking for a good body shop to roll the front fenders and do some paint to the hood and one fender (hit a huge pot hole and bottomed out the suspension which grabbed the lip of the inner fender, cracked the paint a bit)

Was going to try and make Power cruise but I think I have a house full of people for the whole month. Northern MN summers are amazing!

Hope everyone is well!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
What all did livernoise do?
I’m currently putting Johnson lifters in my car but it will be ready for powercruise. I’ll be up there all weekend. Just spectated last year but I will be participating in some of the events this year.
Hope to see some of you guys there.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Maggie Supercharger and lots of other fun bits...about 5 pages worth of mods, if you are interested I can send you the build sheet!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey all welcome back to summer in MN. Got the beast back from Livernois at the end of May and I am pleasantly surprised. 715 HP at the crank and 602 HP at the wheels. Dyno pulls in their shop were insane. Looking for a good body shop to roll the front fenders and do some paint to the hood and one fender (hit a huge pot hole and bottomed out the suspension which grabbed the lip of the inner fender, cracked the paint a bit)

Was going to try and make Power cruise but I think I have a house full of people for the whole month. Northern MN summers are amazing!

Hope everyone is well!
Powercruise has to be on your bucket list. Once you experience it you will be hooked. I think a record number of Northstar members will be attending this year.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
If I am free I may just drive down for the day. My dad and I will be at BIR the next weekend for the NHRA drag races! Again if anyone is up for a meet and greet in Duluth or Moose lake at the brewery or Sturgeon Lake at Doc's let me know. I don't have facebook so if there are any updates from there drop them in here please. Thank you!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ll be at powercruise with my friend and dad. It was great last year, I’ll be tracking my car this year. I’m swapping out my ls7 lifters for Johnson’s now. Got all my suspension done. Engine should be buttoned up soon. Be there all weekend. If anyone makes it up pm me and I’ll give you my number. Should be a great time.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Is there a schedule of events for this? I may be able to come down on Thursday and Friday but I can't see what is actually happening on those days.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I will be at powercruise fri-sun. I do not camp so I will try to set up a canopy south of the condos along that straight away. BIR expanded the asphalt pro pad so I am not positive where we will be able to day camp at.

I will have a gunmetal C6 Vette and not a G8.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too will be there. I’m staying in a hotel down the street but will be participating in some events. I will have my black 09 there (hopefully) and my friend will have a red 2015 Porsche. Look forward to meeting some of you if possible.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I may cruise down on Friday and spend the day and then head back that night. PM me with telephone numbers and we can meet up for a dinner or a few beers. Talk to you guys soon!

·
Registered
778 Posts
I may cruise down on Friday and spend the day and then head back that night. PM me with telephone numbers and we can meet up for a dinner or a few beers. Talk to you guys soon!
Count me in for a couple beers friday night. I will survey the track thurs and post where we will set up our canopy. I may hang the northstar G8 banner on the canopy.

·
32 Posts
1821 - 1840 of 1847 Posts