Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, it appeared the red area on my front and rear badges was fading.

Bought some vinyl overlays to cover.

During prep I notice that the fading is actually the red center separating from the rest of the badge.

Needless to say both centers fell out when I was applying the overlays.

There's a glob of glue in the centers now.

So has this ever happened to anyone and if so how did you correct it?

·
F1rehawk
672 Posts
Never happened to me but then again my car is a garage queen.

I would simply debadge the rear trunk one carefully with a heat gun and dental floss.

I would fix the front one by removing the excess glue with a heat gun, apply new glue and then putting back the badge and the overlay.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My front badge is showing its age and the beating it takes on the highway daily.
I sorta wear it like a badge of honor now.
Rear was de-badged before I got the car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The rear of my car is de-badged.

The front has a black arrowhead from gtog8ta.com. It has been on there more than a year and still looks great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My front is falling apart and the rear is fading. I'll be replacing them pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I got the replacements for both since mine are faded. Too much sun. No garage....

The front has alignment stubs (pins, dowels, whatever you wanna call them). Should not be a big deal replacing that one.

I'm a fan of "wearing them with pride." Debadging the Arrowhead is sacrilegious to me. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
i saw somewhere they sell Holden overlays for Pontiac arrowhead anyone have a link
I've seen them on Amazon and they've been slammed in the reviews.

G8GTOTA sells nice replacement badges and you can get them in a couple different styles depending on your taste.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen them on Amazon and they've been slammed in the reviews.

G8GTOTA sells nice replacement badges and you can get them in a couple different styles depending on your taste.
I've been looking there.

Man, for the few minutes I had the front with the overlay it looked sharp.

I really liked how the arrowhead looked with black fill instead of the red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts