Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, it appeared the red area on my front and rear badges was fading.

Bought some vinyl overlays to cover.

During prep I notice that the fading is actually the red center separating from the rest of the badge.

Needless to say both centers fell out when I was applying the overlays.

There's a glob of glue in the centers now.

So has this ever happened to anyone and if so how did you correct it?

·
F1rehawk
626 Posts
Never happened to me but then again my car is a garage queen.

I would simply debadge the rear trunk one carefully with a heat gun and dental floss.

I would fix the front one by removing the excess glue with a heat gun, apply new glue and then putting back the badge and the overlay.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
My front badge is showing its age and the beating it takes on the highway daily.
I sorta wear it like a badge of honor now.
Rear was de-badged before I got the car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The rear of my car is de-badged.

The front has a black arrowhead from gtog8ta.com. It has been on there more than a year and still looks great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My front is falling apart and the rear is fading. I'll be replacing them pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I got the replacements for both since mine are faded. Too much sun. No garage....

The front has alignment stubs (pins, dowels, whatever you wanna call them). Should not be a big deal replacing that one.

I'm a fan of "wearing them with pride." Debadging the Arrowhead is sacrilegious to me. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
i saw somewhere they sell Holden overlays for Pontiac arrowhead anyone have a link
I've seen them on Amazon and they've been slammed in the reviews.

G8GTOTA sells nice replacement badges and you can get them in a couple different styles depending on your taste.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen them on Amazon and they've been slammed in the reviews.

G8GTOTA sells nice replacement badges and you can get them in a couple different styles depending on your taste.
I've been looking there.

Man, for the few minutes I had the front with the overlay it looked sharp.

I really liked how the arrowhead looked with black fill instead of the red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
rockinlespaul
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing