Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I purchased one like it. The paint was nice and a good color match but it had a small chip in it. I decided to intall it anyway, which was easy once you get over adding additional holes to the trunk. Then about a week or more later I realized the wing was not even on each side. One side of the wing looked almost level (front to rear angle) but the other side was sloped far more to the front so the leading edge was only about a 1/4" from the trunk with the other side closer to an inch. If I didn't mention it people wouldn't notice it, but I saw it every time I looked at it and it drove me nuts. I have since taken it off and I'm wingless......still need to fill the holes. Got tired of messing with the wing issue. The mavrick man takes to long, the g8 only wing had many fitment issues even after a couple of tries and its costly given it's not painted, this version was uneven with a blemish, oem is also expensive. So I guess I'm done with the wings.

If you buy one just be sure to pay closer attention than I did when you test fit it. Make sure that the wing is even front to back on each side. If it wasn't for that and the chip it would have been a great deal. I could have probably returned it but I was so disgusted with it I just set it a side, it's still taking up space on my work bench. I though I might modify it and make something original so didn't return it but in hind sight I should have. After a while the naked look starts to look better and better.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just so you know, that's not the SLP style wing. That's a repo of the SV6 or SS V style of wing that Holden put on the Commodore. There have been a decent number of members on here that have installed that wing and I heard mostly good things about it. Although as mentioned above there is always the off chance you could get one that isn't great. I wonder if anyone has one painted with the bottom black and the top color matched to the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts