2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
make sure windows are up and doors are closed. other then that, idk

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Dumb Ass!
Why's he a dumb ass just because his car doesn't have a lot of wind noise?:bs:

Mine doesn't have much wind noise either compared to all of the other cars I've owned. Oh, I'm quite sure it's not M-B quiet. But it's the quietest performance car under $40K I've ever been in.:wink2:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dumb Ass!
And can you clarify that? Most of the time someone is saying "dumb ass" is indeed the one that is a dumb ass.

And maybe since you have issues comprending things, ill say it one more time. I am impressed with the lack of wind noise. You can be doing 90 on the freeway and still have a normal conversation with the person next to you. Unlike some cars i have been in.

·
NorCal
259 Posts
Settle down kids. :)

No excessive wind noise here either. Fair bit of road noise, but just enough to feel in touch with the road and give it some character.

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Settle down kids. :)

No excessive wind noise here either. Fair bit of road noise, but just enough to feel in touch with the road and give it some character.
But...but...he started it Dad.:whine::p:rofl:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And can you clarify that? Most of the time someone is saying "dumb ass" is indeed the one that is a dumb ass.

And maybe since you have issues comprending things, ill say it one more time. I am impressed with the lack of wind noise. You can be doing 90 on the freeway and still have a normal conversation with the person next to you. Unlike some cars i have been in.
Your absolutely right! i guess i do have trouble comprehending. lol.... i apologize, i jumped the gun. i just re-read your thread, i was wrong. I thought you were being a wise guy.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Wind noise may or may not be normal. This vehicle is extremely quiet, some say too quiet. The lack of real exhaust growl, heard at street level by passed-ers by or even pedestrians is a sign that either the engineers were asleep at the switch or the legal staff somewhere fears for our sanity. Most of us have lost our hearing already from years of Metallica and Deep Purple, we need that deep throated rumble and vubration to remind us we're breathing. :wink2:

Since the car is so quiet other noises not normally heard will now show themselves. When others confirm no wind noise and a member has wind noise then it's quite possible his car has loose trim or weatherstrip.

BTW my last 4 new "family" Pontiacs, starting with 6000STE (and all V6's) had "factory tuned" exhaust systems, making the cars sound like something else than plain vanilla.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
"Anyone having issues with wind noise."

Only when the windows are down!

Ok, does this mean I get the smart ass award? :wink2:

mac :wall:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to mention some people are just more sensitive to certain noises than others. Personally, I seem to notice every noise imaginable!

·
Dazed - Confused
497 Posts
Mine is really loud, especially when I get on it. Some "dumb ass" installed a magnaflow exhaust and an Roto Rab CAI when I wasn't looking. Otherwise it's really quiet.

RRM

·
Nor Cal
299 Posts
I've had more laughs reading this thread than I've had in a long time. So much for "dumb asses".

·
Registered
407 Posts
When driving at approximately 50 MPH I hear wind noise coming from rear passenger side door.
I found the weather stripping rubber seal on bottom leading edge of my right rear door had come loose. There is a small green plastic fastener that goes in the seal and then snaps into a hole on the bottom of the door. Once I corrected that, my air noise from that area went away.

I have also noted some air noise around the sunroof but closing the inside cover seems to dampen that enough not to bother me. At cruise speeds with that cover retracted and the sunroof closed, I can hear a fair amount of noise but again - not enough to really bother me.

BJ

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Wind noise? No. Road noise? Yes. Apparently the All-Seasons can be quite noisy.

Although, it's not bad, and not distracting at all, and all things considered, it's such a small "issue" in a car that cost so little for so much in other areas.

Hope you figure out what the problem is!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
21 Participants
[email protected]
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing