Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my name is Zach, I'm a CCGTO member and have met a few of you I believe, including Ed. I am thinking about trading in the GTO on a G8 and took this car for a short drive tonight (hopefully this link works):

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2014&zip=20155&photosOnly=true&engineCode=8CLDR&sellerTypes=b&pricesOnly=true&mmt=[PONT[G8[]][]]&modelCode1=G8&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=PONT&startYear=1981&engineCodes=8CLDR&numRecords=100&searchRadius=500&listingId=333846145&listingIndex=32&Log=0

Just wondering if any of you know the previous owner or if he is on the forum. Going back to have a better look tomorrow.

Zach

edit: http://www.dealerstrade.com/detail-2009-pontiac-g8-gt_asterisk_6_2l_ls3_motor_asterisk_kooks_exhaust_asterisk_kooks_900_hp_race_cats-used-9615547.html

·
Registered
493 Posts
It says LS3 I think, but actually it appears to be just a GT. Which would be a 6.0 liter. None the less its a clean car...

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Kinda don't make sense, 6.2 with OVER 500 HP. Hell there is no shots of the engine bay, and ONLY 22k.Sounds like the dealer is up to somthing fishy. Top of ad says 900 HP and TUNED TO GM SPECS,don't know many cars tuned to factory specs..

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a cammed Ls3. Why the previous owner dropped an LS3 in I'm not sure.. Yeah I know over 500hp.. lol. Salesman told me 520 rwtq LOL. It is pretty quick though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yea, that price w/ that mileage for a GXP engine? I'm not sure how you can tell what engine is in it but it's either a misrepresentation or a great deal. To good to be true?

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts
Where does it say 500 whp? All I see is 900hp in the title....

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Yea, that price w/ that mileage for a GXP engine? I'm not sure how you can tell what engine is in it but it's either a misrepresentation or a great deal. To good to be true?
DITTO,if it sounds to good to be true , it usally is.

·
There was one?
2,308 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
It definitely looks like its a gt with sport pack. Unless the motor was swapped,they're a 6.0. That one looks like mine only mine is stock. Seems like a good price as long as everything is legit . I paid a little over 20 for mine and mine had 50 k and again ,stock. Well good luck with the purchase. Just wonder if it was a typo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where does it say 500 whp? All I see is 900hp in the title....
Yeah the dealer is advertising the "900 hp race catalytic converters" lol

It definitely looks like its a gt with sport pack. Unless the motor was swapped,they're a 6.0. That one looks like mine only mine is stock. Seems like a good price as long as everything is legit . I paid a little over 20 for mine and mine had 50 k and again ,stock. Well good luck with the purchase. Just wonder if it was a typo.
The motor was swapped. It is an LS3.

It has mudflaps PASS! LOL! ;)
Agreed but easily remedied.

It also has fake 4 pots!!!
See above :p

Car also comes with OEM axle back as well as what looked like a Spintech axle back in the trunk...

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Kinda agree on the to good to be true comment .Its not a crazy good deal and have seen gxp's on the forum where they'd only be asking 27k or so. Maybe they don't know what they got ?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
It says "KOOKS 900 HP RACE CATS" with the rest being Kooks exhaust. So the cats can handle 900hp. But I don't know how it's tuned to GM specs.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If there is a aftermarket tune ,that gm warranty is void . I just inquired last week about tuning mine and gm manager said it would void the warranty. I saw in the ad. They mentioned the warranty ,that's why I thought I'd mention this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts